- Posted: 5 days ago
PEMCCO, Inc. is an Information Technology and Information Management (IT/IM) firm providing support to DoD, Federal, State, Local and commercial customers. We are seeking a licensed Electrician who will be responsible for preventative maintenance and installation/repairs of the electrical/mechanical tunnel and bridge systems equipment. with VDOT contract.
- Visually inspects and tests electrical system or equipment, using testing devices such as oscilloscope, voltmeter, and ammeter, to determine malfunctions.
- Splices wires with knife or cutting pliers, and solders connections to fixtures, outlets, and equipment.
- Installs fixtures, outlets, terminal boards, switches, and wall boxes, using hand tools.
- Cuts openings and drills holes for fixtures, outlet boxes, and fuse holders, using electric drill and router.
- Tests conductors to identify corresponding conductors and to prevent incorrect connections, according to electrical diagrams and specifications.
- Installs and repairs conduits, cables, wires, and auxiliary equipment following blueprints.
- Cuts and peels lead sheath and insulation from defective or newly installed cables and conducts prior to splicing.
- Splices cables together or to overhead transmission line, customer service line, or street light line.
- Covers conductors with insulating or fireproofing materials.
- Cleans, tins, and splices corresponding conductors by twisting ends together or by joining ends with metal clamps and soldering connection.
- All other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Knowledge of standard practices of electrical trade at the Journeyman level.
- Ability to read, write, and perform complex mathematical calculations, and to repair and install electrical equipment.
- Ability to follow verbal and written instructions.
- Working knowledge of plumbing, HVAC, welding, switchgear transformers and high voltage breakers.
- Ability to communicate with internal and external customers in a polite, respectful and professional manner to promote cooperation and team work.
- Skilled in diagnosing and troubleshooting electrical/mechanical malfunctions.
- Knowledge and ability to use, read, and interpret complex equipment manuals, blueprints, electrical/mechanical reports, schematics and one line diagrams.
- Knowledge of control circuits and troubleshooting controls for pumps, motors, and various electrical/mechanical systems in an industrial environment.
- High school graduate or equivalent.
- Journeyman Electrical Certification.
- Valid Commercial Driver’s license.
- Criminal history records check, fingerprint check, Division of Motor Vehicles check, pre-employment physical and drug screen are required as a condition of employment.
- Must have 3 years Industrial experience.
PEMCCO, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. The Company does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, military or veteran status, pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions or any other characteristics protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?