* Responsible for performing electrical, mechanical and PLC troubleshooting to determine problems in non-functioning electro-mechanical equipment used in the manufacturing process. Dismantles, adjusts, repairs, and assembles equipment according to layout plans, blueprints, operating or repair manuals, rough sketches or drawings. Uses tests and diagnostic equipment to perform checkouts. Rebuilds manufacturing equipment as required. May perform equipment modifications as directed by Maintenance Manager.
* Normally receives general instructions on routine work, detailed instructions on new assignments. This position will deal with high level of stress as they troubleshoot and repair the equipment under specific time constraints.
*ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES *include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
* Work on jobs/work orders distributed by manager or supervisor;
* Able to maintain, repairs, and install machines, HVAC, and equipment to ensure continuous production operations;
* Ensure all information in PMC system WOs and PMs are completed as equipment name, problem, parts used, root cause and how much time take to finish the job.
* Ensure to fix equipment right for the first time and to find a way to prevent this problem to occur again.
* Ensuring maintenance activities on utility systems to provide continuous supply of heat, steam, electric power, gas, air required and hydraulic system for operations;
* Do preventative maintenance program to ensure uninterrupted operation of plant and follow up with company’s procedures;
* Inspection of operating machines, equipment and HVAC for conformance with specifications and operational standards;
* Requisition tools, equipment, and supplies required for operations;
* Able to multi-task and deal with high level of stress while trouble-shooting and repairing the equipment in order for production to continue.
* Able to deal with time-limited constraints while working on repairs in order to assist with limiting the amount of production down-time.
* Able to train new mechanics in proper use and repair of HVAC.
* To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
* Must possess excellent HVAC equipment knowledge.
* Mechanical, electrical and PLC knowledge
* Ability to assemble and disassemble manufacturing machinery.
* Understand basic theory of how all production machines operate and the ability to troubleshoot mechanical, electrical and PLC problems. Know capabilities and limitations of machines.
*EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE*
* Requires an AA degree in HVAC technology.
* Minimum of five years’ experience in HVAC field, maintaining, troubleshooting, and repairing. Mounting the ductwork and registers. Determine and monitor the energy usage of HVAC, and upgrade system.
* Must have a working knowledge of electronics controls, circuits, hard wiring, and logic systems as well as general mechanical skills
* Must know to troubleshoot, find the Root Cause and find a way to prevent the problem from occurring again on all equipment including HVAC
* Requires the ability to read and interpret blueprints, maintenance manuals and engineering sketches, and utilize complicated drawings, mathematics, handbook formulas and a variety of precision measuring instruments.
* Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations.
* Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
* Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers.
* Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
* Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions on Root Cause
* Find solution to avoid this problem to happen again
* Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
*CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS*
* Requires an AA degree in HVAC and electronics technology
* Valid Florida Driver's License, clean driving record
* Fluency in English (Written and Verbal)
* Bilingual in Spanish helpful but not required.
*PHYSICAL DEMANDS *
* The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
* While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, sit
* The employee is occasionally required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl
* The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds
* Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
* Working long hours OT and weekends when is necessary.
* The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
* While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to moving mechanical parts. The employee is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions, extreme cold, and extreme heat. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud in the production area.