Strategic Pricing Analyst
PEI-Genesis, Inc Philadelphia, PA
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
The Strategic Pricing Analyst (“Analyst”) is responsible for determining the appropriate pricing for products based on a variety of factors. Their duties include conducting market research to learn more about competitor pricing for similar items, reviewing previous sales data to meet department revenue needs and deciding a market price for a range of products based on their findings. Additionally, the Analyst must work with suppliers, the PEI Sales team and internal engineering and technical staff to develop competitive quotes in a timely manner that generate profitable business for PEI. This individual should be a strong team player, data-driven, eager to learn and results-oriented. The Analyst must provide excellent customer service, maintain the quality and integrity of the pricing models and tools, and become a Trusted Advisor to the strategic sales team.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree (finance/mathematics preferred) or 4-5 years previous quotation experience
- Preferred industry experience in the electro-mechanical components or physical goods
TECHNICAL and/or MANAGERIAL JOB COMPETENCIES:
- Ability to multitask in a high volume fast paced work environment with very tight deadlines.
- Organized, detail oriented and efficient with time management
- Strong interpersonal skills with proven ability to communicate effectively (both written and oral) with internal customers, as well as suppliers
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel is a must
- Ability to quickly learn products, processes, and internal systems
- Develop a comprehensive knowledge of product lines and alternate product substitutes
ESSENTIAL TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Review all incoming large quote requests to determine a plan of action
- Negotiate pricing with suppliers for large quotes
- Communicate with Product Management and suppliers to discuss material specifications and identify alternative solutions
- Collect and collate all information needed to prepare the proposal within pricing guidelines, including cost elements as well as cross-referencing for the preparation of final quotation submittal
- Identify potential risks in the quotations, and in any related contract agreements across customers/channels
- Inform on optimal price points for different bids
- Create an accurate and professional proposal quotation package to return to the customer in response to requests for quotation’s
- Follow-up on open/outstanding customer quotations with salespersons and customers to determine status and develop strategy for future bids
- Upon award, follow all necessary process to ensure proper costing is setup in the system and communicate with all departments
- Set up contract pricing in ASW system
- Collect and analyze quotation data to determine patterns and reasons for success or failure
- Identify commonly ordered stock/non-stock items and recommends additions/changes in stock levels to management
- Review backlog for opportunities to increase profits
- Draft strategic pricing plans and processes to improve existing projects
Proprietary automation in mirrored factories around the world allows PEI to assemble, from one of the largest inventories of electronic components, according to customers’ specific requirements. PEI develops custom interconnect solutions that support the harsh environments of the aviation, energy, military, industrial, rail, and medical sectors worldwide.
Over 70% of products sold are assembled to order. PEI provides a highly tailored solution shipped fast with a minimum order quantity of one piece. No other source can match the extensive high-mix, low-volume, value-added capability. PEI-Genesis is also in the unique position of being the only value-add connector distributor with assembly facilities in North America, Europe and Asia.
With fast shipping and excellent, responsive service, PEI-Genesis provides access to the brands design engineers trust. PEI’s line card includes the top global brands in the connector industry, including Amphenol, ITT Cannon, CINCH, SOURIAU-SUNBANK, and TE Connectivity brands DEUTSCH, Raychem and Polamco.
PEI offers custom cable harness design services and assembly. PEI’s Engineered Solutions Group can design and build custom cable assemblies from its extensive inventory of connectors, as well as, leverage its 40-plus years of connector expertise. The PEI team engages customers early in the design process and partners through delivery and optimization.
PEI-Genesis also has the capability to manufacture custom specialty grade connectors and engineered solutions via its recent acquisition of FilConn, Inc. FilConn specializes in precision high reliability filtered, EMP suppression, and custom configurations for the mil-aero, medical, transit and oil/gas industry. FilConn complements PEI’s capability to provide customers application-specific connector solutions faster than anyone in the industry.
Founded in 1946 by Murray Fisher and Bernie Bernbaum, PEI remains a privately-owned company, steeped in the same traditions of innovation, integrity, teamwork, and delivery of excellence to its customers.
Headquarted in Philadelphia, PA., PEI-Genesis maintains an AS9100D and ISO 9001:2015 certified quality management system at its corporate headquarters in Philadelphia, PA, and at production facilities in South Bend, IN; Chandler, AZ; Southampton, UK, and Zhuhai, China.
PEI-Genesis is also a certified Small Business Entity (SBE) in the federal government system (sam.gov).
2180 Hornig RoadPhiladelphia, PA
BusinessView all jobs at PEI-Genesis, Inc