Junior Software Implementation Specialist
- Posted: 8 days ago
WHO ARE WE?
PEG, LLC is in its twenty-fifth year being a diverse energy efficiency, engineering, environmental and management consulting firm operating principally in the Eastern and Central United States.
As a leader in Home Energy Ratings, a winner of multiple Energy Star Awards, and a standout in the construction industry, PEG has provided Home Energy Ratings for over 170,000 homes. We strive to continually improve building energy efficiency and therefore, the quality of homes and life in the communities that we service.
Please visit our website at www.pegenv.com to learn more about PEG!
WHO ARE YOU?
PEG, LLC is in need of a self-managed, driven, and experienced Junior Software Implementation Specialist to implement technical systems across multiple software programs to increase the efficiency of company processes through automation. The ideal candidate will be extremely detail oriented, well organized, possess knowledge on basic coding concepts, exhibit strong analytic and problem-solving skills, and can successfully juggle multiple projects simultaneously.
Automation Technology functions in a fast-paced and ever-changing environment. The qualified candidate must recognize the significance of working efficiently while constantly staying on top of new technology, updates, and the evolution of multiple software programs within the company. The successful candidate must have excellent communication skills, which will be essential in communicating with multiple personalities, different career specialties, and levels of management.
This position is based in our main office in Fairfax, VA.
- Develop code, test, and debug new software or enhancements/updates to existing software
- Perform maintenance on existing software programs, as required, to ensure that programs are working efficiently
- Assist in transforming software designs and specifications into high functioning code in the appropriate language
- Work with multiple database software to find ways to store, organize. and manage data
- Collaborate with PEG Operations to assist in the implementation of new software programs including but not limited to formulating software requirements and program specifications to fit the need of the company and their users
- Assist in planning, coordinating, and consulting with vendors for hardware/software purchases, product services, and support
- Responsible for analyzing company and user needs to develop possible solutions through the use of automation
- Work with PEG staff, either face-to-face, via email, or over the telephone, to help set up technology and/or resolve issues
- Responsible for coordinating IT support requests (internally and with IT Contractor) while documenting resolution steps and actions taken to assist in preventing similar problems from occurring in the future
- Handle sensitive information in a confidential manner
- Assist Administrative Support Team, as needed, in answering phone calls
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or equivalent work experience required
- 1 - 3 years of experience building and maintaining largescale reliable software systems
- Must have Full lifecycle application development including but not limited to designing, coding, and debugging applications in various software languages.
- Must have experience integrating new software with existing systems
- Must have development experience with some of the following languages or platforms: SaaS, SharePoint Workforce, Microsoft Power Automation, API, Low Code Solutions, Java, etc.
- Demonstrated ability to prepare comprehensive project documentation (requirements, system design, interface control documents, security, etc.)
- Strong experience with modern Windows based systems
- Strong knowledge of troubleshooting Microsoft Office Suite, Office365 administration, licensing, OneDrive for Business, and SharePoint
- Familiarity with IT technologies such as cloud databases and robotic process automation
- Must have strong interpersonal skills in order to work in a dynamic and fast-paced environment
- Must be able to work independently, responsibly, and sincerely to address employees' needs as quickly as possible.
- Strong oral and written communications skills required
Rewards and Benefits
PEG LLC offers a comprehensive, total rewards package that includes competitive compensation and a flexible benefits package that reflects our commitment to creating a diverse and supportive workplace.
Benefits include: • 20 Annual Paid Days Off (12 Days of PTO, Birthday PTO, & 7 Company Paid Holidays) • Company Sponsored Medical Insurance that includes a contribution of up to 50% off the monthly premium • Dental & Vision Insurance • 401(k) Retirement Plan with up to a 4% company match vested immediately • Basic Life & Supplemental Life • Short-Term & Long-Term Disability • Accident & Pet Insurance • Corporate Sponsored Events • Paid Professional Development & Salary Incentives through Learning/Certification Opportunities •
PEG LLC is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status, religion, creed, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, age, genetic information, or any other basis protected by law, ordinance, or regulation.
TechnologyView all jobs at PEG, LLC
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?