System Administrator (VMWare) w/ TS/SCI Clearance
- Posted: over a month ago
PEAKE is a technology integrator focused on bridging the gap between people, technology, and operations.
We are looking for a self-motivated individual to join our Team immediately for a position as a System Administrator (VMWare). Must hold active DoD security clearance (TS/SCI).
Every member of our team has a mission-focused mindset and a “do whatever it takes” mentality. At PEAKE, every person is unique and brings a different set of capabilities to each project, solution or service. We value team work to get the job done.
An I2TS 3 System Administrator will:
- Create and configure VMs with VMware vSphere
- Define and document standard operating procedures
- Assist with capacity forecasting for the virtual environment, including storage resources
- Actively ensure peak levels of systems and infrastructure uptime
- Implement a monitoring platform to gauge the health of key infrastructure
- Provide hands-on system administration support, system maintenance and operations support
- Work directly with System Owners to resolve issues related to virtual hosting platform
- Responsible for engaging and managing vendor escalations, as required
- Build, configure, and troubleshoot software and hardware enhancements, application deployments and infrastructure upgrades
- Extensive experience with virtualization platforms (VMware preferred, Hyper-V, etc.)
- Advanced understanding of virtualization concepts and functional working skills with various virtualization technologies (create/modify virtual machines, create storage groups, snapshot, clone/export, etc.)
- Experience in applying DoD STIGs as related to virtual infrastructure
- Extensive experience with patching virtual infrastructure (ESXi hosts, virtual appliances)
- Client-server support, software and hardware upgrades, advanced troubleshooting
- Good Understanding of basic networking (Routing/Switching/VLANS/Firewalls)
- Extensive experience deploying and maintaining VMware hosts, vCenter, and virtual machines
- Experience in creating and monitoring Resource Pools for Virtual Machines Resource Reservation and Limits.
- Provided level 2 & 3 support and actively involved in the day to day administration of the Virtual Infrastructure
- Must be committed to adopting and adhering to best practices including compliance with maintenance windows and change control procedures
- Create and deploy virtual machines from templates and create snapshots and clones of virtual machines for future deployments.
- Experience deploying both Windows and Linux based servers in a VMware environment
- Experience with various storage technologies: SAN, iSCSI, NAS, NFS
- Must be a motivated self-starter that can take lead of projects, tasks and any challenges that come up
Desirable Skills / Experience:
- Experience with NetApp, HP 3PAR storage solutions
- Experience with Cisco UCS Manager / Cisco Intersight policy and profile configuration.
- DoD 8570.01-M IAT Level II Computing Environment (CE) Certification as determined by the Program Manager is required prior to support on contract
- Required Security Environment Certification: CompTIA Security+ CE or equivalent
- Required Computing Environment certification: VCA
- Desired Computing Environment certification: VCP6/7
PEAKE offers great benefits to employees, including:
- Opportunity for advancement within company
- Medical/dental/vision insurance
- Company-paid life and short- and long-term disability insurance
- 3 Weeks Flexible Paid Time Off (PTO) plus Holidays
- Retirement planning
PEAKE offers great benefits to employees, including: Pleasant work environment Opportunity for advancement within company Medical/dental/vision/life/disability insurance Competitive and flexible Paid Time Off (PTO), Holidays and retirement planning for eligible, full-time employees www.PEAKE.com Employees are hired based solely on PEAKE personnel requirements and the qualifications of each individual candidate. We do not tolerate nor condone discrimination due to age, race, color, religion, sex, national origin or disability. We will comply with the spirit and letter of all local, state and federal laws pertaining to employment. Furthermore, we will not discriminate due to age, race, color, religion, sex, national origin or disability when making decisions regarding termination of employees.
AddressFort Bragg, NC
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?