- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
PEAKE is a technology integrator focused on bridging the gap between people, technology, and operations.
We are searching for a skilled Senior Unified Communication (UC) Engineer to join our team supporting Army VoIP Migrations.
You will provide support to designing, planning, and building communications networks, configuring routers, switches, and firewalls for LAN and WAN systems, and VPN concentrators with appropriate network engineering and communications protocols. Join our team of engineers and integrators to provide innovative methods and technical solutions using the engineering design process. You will travel to various CONUS sites throughout the year to implement the approved solutions, provide your direct expertise, and work hands-on with the clients, local area network operations center, on-site managers, and program teammates.
- Develop site survey templates; participate in site surveys to document and assess existing voice system, inside plant (ISP) and outside plant (OSP) capabilities and capacity potential to support VoIP solution
- Serve as the Survey Team Lead responsible for ensuring a complete and accurate survey
- Document survey results and findings through the development of diagrams, connectivity tables, equipment inventories and written descriptions
- Work with project Lead Engineer and architect staff to develop a VoIP solution that maximizes the reuse of existing equipment and complies with DoD, US Army, and I3MP guidance, regulations, policies, and standards
- Support the acquisition of hardware and software through the development of a List of Materials (LOM) for each site.
- Plan network layouts according to the user environment
- Develop Preliminary and Critical Design documentation in support of key project milestones
- Support the Project and/or Program Manager as technical advisor during meetings as required
- Coordinate LAN/WAN hardware/software improvements and/or enhancements, then plan implementation of enhancements
- Provide technical support and troubleshooting to users
- Monitor the network utilizing industry leading technologies
- May perform network administration duties and training to junior engineers or customer staff
Required Education, Skills, and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, information technology or equivalent work experience, with a minimum of 5 years of hands-on experience in the implementation and administration of complex voice networks.
- Hands-on experience with the implementation and maintenance of Cisco call manager and Cisco unity connection.
- Experience with deployment and maintenance of SIP trunks with Cisco CUBE, voice PRI, CUCM and Cisco Unity.
- Must have a CCNA. CCNP Collaboration certification is highly desired.
- Strong experience with a broad range of Cisco products including, but not limited to, Cisco IOS, CUCM, Unity Connection, ISE, Jabber, Lync, and Cisco phones.
- Solid understanding of VoIP related protocols & technologies (TCP/IP, UDP, and Skinny, SIP Trunks and PRI, extension mobility, dial plans, route patterns).
- Experience with Cisco routers (Cisco ISR) & switches including but not limited to 35xx, 37xx, 38xx, 4xxx.
- Creative problem-solving abilities, attention to detail, and ability to think outside the box.
Experience developing and implementing QoS in a converged voice/video/data network
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills in a team-based development environment
- Strong computer skills and familiarity with Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, Visio, and PowerPoint
- Ability to troubleshoot networking and physical infrastructure issues.
- Hands on experience with VMware ESX Server or VMware products
- Linux administration and server hardening (CentOS/Debian preferred)
- Knowledge of networking technologies including DNS, DHCP, routing, firewalls, VPNs, network monitoring and SNMP principles.
- Experience with Unified communication applications such as Microsoft Teams, Skype, Cisco Jabber, and Polycom is highly desired
- Experience in designing network systems that comply with Army infrastructure standards as described in the Installation Campus-Area Network – Design and Implementation (ICAN-DI) documents
- Understanding of Microsoft Back-Office technologies, including, but not limited to Active Directory, IIS, Exchange, and other components.
- Experience with older Avaya, Siemens PBX, Nortel CS2100 systems is desired but not required.
- Experience with cryptographic devices
- Operational understanding of AC & DC Power Management Systems
- Active Secret clearance
Employees are hired based solely on PEAKE personnel requirements and the qualifications of each individual candidate. We do not tolerate nor condone discrimination due to age, race, color, religion, sex, national origin or disability. We will comply with the spirit and letter of all local, state and federal laws pertaining to employment. Furthermore, we will not discriminate due to age, race, color, religion, sex, national origin or disability when making decisions regarding termination of employees.
TechnologyView all jobs at PEAKE