Level 2 IT Support Technician
- Posted: over a month ago
PEAKE Technology Partners is a leader in Healthcare IT Support in Maryland, D.C. and Northern Virginia. Our team of support engineers, security specialists, and consultants offer trusted technology solutions for healthcare and other industries concerned with data protection and security regulation. The Service Desk Technician II (SDTII) is available to handle tickets that are not resolved by the SDTI and to assist with overflow. In addition to resolving incoming tickets, SDTII will occasionally assist with longer term projects and internal initiatives.
Our ideal candidate is someone with a passion for technology and a desire to grow and learn. Professional experience is not necessarily required, but experience with technology in some manner is a must.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Remote and on-site troubleshooting of end-user software, hardware, and network issues.
- Visit client sites as needed to resolve tickets.
- Understand, follow, and improve PEAKE processes and documentation.
- React to incoming alerts from client system monitoring.
- Resolve escalations from SDTI (typically more complicated, novel, or high-priority tickets).
- Serve in after-hours on-call rotation (approximately 5 days on-call per month).
- Complete quarterly on-site reviews for assigned clients to ensure systems are configured and operating correctly. Work together with the Technical Account Manager to identify improvements needed.
- Complete after-hours server and network equipment maintenance including OS updates and firmware upgrades.
- Assist with project work such as new software rollouts and office moves as assigned.
- Excellent customer service skills including effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work independently and manage priorities and tasks.
- Firm understanding of computer hardware and how to diagnose hardware problems including desktop, laptop, and printers.
- Strong knowledge of both Mac and Windows operating systems and how to install and upgrade them.
- Familiarity with Active Directory including local and domain accounts and troubleshooting application of Group Policy.
- Ability to identify spam and phishing attempts.
- Knowledge of networks and network troubleshooting. Basic understanding of TCP/IP, routing and switching, DHCP, DNS, VLAN, VPNs, PoE.
- Understanding of wireless basics such as SSIDs and passwords, channels, and Interval vs. Guest networks.
- Firm understanding of security principles and best practices.
- Firm understanding of email platforms including Microsoft 365 and Google Apps. Ability to create and manage mailboxes and configure mail clients for each platform on different types of devices.
- Familiarity with Ubiquiti and Meraki network equipment.
- Experience with ConnectWise suite of products (Manage, Automate, Control).
- Knowledge of HIPAA security principles.
- Understanding of 3rd party applications such as Quickbooks, Centricity, ECW, Tigerview, etc.
- 4-year college degree in related field or equivalent certifications/experience.
For more information on PEAKE Technology Partners, including more information on employee benefits and our company culture, visit our website at www.peaketechnology.com/careers.
PEAKE is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Paid time off
- Professional development assistance
- Referral program
- Vision insurance
Powered by JazzHR
PEAKE Technology Partners, LLC
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?