Steel Applications Business Development Engineer
PEAK Technical Staffing USA Allentown, PA
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Responsibilities include new business signings and technical sales of gases, technology and equipment to the steel industry as well as providing feedback to our applied research group for new offering development. Understanding of current and future Steel processes, environmental issues and de-carbonization efforts is key. The job requires 30-40% travel to customer sites in the US and Canada, contacting customers/prospects, making presentations and proposals, working with liquid-bulk and on-site sales teams, to sell liquefied industrial gases (oxygen, nitrogen, hydrogen, argon, etc.) and large on-site plants. Other aspects of the role include resolving customer technical challenges, helping customers improve their operations, efficiency, and safety. This specialist is involved from the initial contact, all the way through startup and customer retention. This is a very exciting and multifaceted position, where no two days are the same.
- Develop and advance the current opportunity pipeline for the ferrous segment in support of growth objectives
- Identify and develop new prospects for industrial gas usage and equipment/ technology sales in the steel industry. Focus on prospects operating in growth markets and with solid cost positions
- Audit prospects and customer processes to identify new or more efficient usage of industrial gases
- Engage with sub-regional marketing, segment marketing and lead generation in order to develop a broader opportunity pipeline in regions and applications of priority
- Develop the scope and support the execution of technology demonstrations in the field, proving the benefits of industrial gases in customer processes such as melting or heating operations, working side by side with customer operations staff during trials and start-ups
- Identify the economic benefits companies technologies regarding production increase, enhanced product quality, ability to use lower cost raw materials, fuel savings, reduced emissions, etc, developing the business case for the customer operation and guiding AP pricing strategies
- Bring feedback from the field on industry needs (economic, regulatory, process flexibility, etc.) to our industry segment and marketing managers and advanced technology and equipment engineering teams, in order to guide the development of new applications; engage with this broader team from cradle-to-grave in order to deploy and promote successful technology in the field, including developing beta site candidates and commercial terms that will lead to solid reference accounts for differentiated offerings
- Engage in significant trade associations, technical organizations, major conferences, and local trade shows in priority geographies, etc., with the objective of learning, presenting technical papers, promoting technology, supporting marketing efforts, networking, leading committees, and developing a reputation for the company.
- Work with customers and internal groups in advanced technology, computational modeling and marketing to develop technical papers and marketing materials that showcase modeling or lab/field demonstration of company offerings
- Engage external partners to provide full solutions to the customer, as applicable
- Effectively use customer relationship management tools to capture key account information related to customer industry, processes and applications, as well as critical developments as the account progresses through the sales cycle.
- Undergraduate technical degree required, preferably Engineering, MBA a plus
- Multi-year experience in the steel industry
- Ideal candidates will have solid understanding of melting applications in the steel industry, knowledge of mini mill and integrated mill operations, DRI and other alternative iron processes, metals refining experience, knowledge of refractories, furnace design and combustion systems
- Familiarity with oxy-fuel combustion is preferred
- The successful candidate will have an existing network of steel industry contacts
- Experience in technical service, sales, or applications development a plus
- Experience in or prior exposure to the industrial gases industry a plus
- Proven effective teamwork skills
- Ability to work effectively across functions and levels, both internally and externally
- Good business insight
- Strong communication skills and strong influencing skills
- Willing to take initiative and work proactively, both internally and externally
PEAK Technical Staffing USA
TechnologyView all jobs at PEAK Technical Staffing USA