Sr. Electronics Technician
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Position requires daily in person attendance in Irvine, CA with the possibility of occasional field service travel. Daily routine will include interaction with Manufacturing, Engineering, QC personnel, and management with full adherence to location-specific safety rules is necessary. Job requires work in the test, production, service, and engineering areas.
Senior Electronics Technician: Under limited supervision, execute the day-to-day activities assigned within the test department. Tasks include troubleshooting, test, repair, and calibration of electronic hardware. In addition to these semi-routine tasks, the Senior ET will be relied upon to perform and document root cause failure analysis on customer owned electronic devices as well as the repair and maintenance of company owned hardware and test equipment. These devices will include both company designed, as well as private label products purchased, sold, and maintained by the company. The Senior Electronic Technician must have an organized and consistent approach to the collection of, testing, documenting, and communication of test/investigation results. Must be successful in communicating with both internal and external customers via telephone and email demonstrating a strong desire to satisfy their needs.
The successful candidate will be able to resolve through judgement, experience, and the coordination of external department resources, all escalated product and service issues. A positive first impression is essential.
• Assemble, test, and calibrate AC and DC Power products to Engineering defined test procedures.
• Train and mentor other technicians assigned to the test department in the operation and repair of electronic assemblies.
• Troubleshoot and repair AC and DC Power products to the block diagram level.
• Troubleshoot and repair PCBAs to the component level.
• When requested, perform and document root cause failure analysis on PCBA assemblies.
• Understand to the block diagram level operation and special functions of standard products.
• Understand basic programming features of the standard products.
• Write Level 1 & Level 2 reports for repairs when requested.
• Update job knowledge by studying new product descriptions and participating in educational opportunities.
• Four-year Electrical Engineering or Engineering Technology degree
• Minimum of 5-8 years of electronic test experience in a manufacturing role.
• Ability to read, interpret, and understand technical and non-technical documents; including, but not limited to contracts, product drawings, and product specifications
• Advanced skills in the application and use of common electronic test equipment, e.g., Oscilloscopes, multi-meters, analyzers, probes, and other specialty equipment.
• Demonstrated experience in both through hole and SMT assemblies as well as the use and application of common rework tools.
• Excellent organizational skills
• Experience with AutoCAD/SolidWorks or similar programs is a plus.
• Experience with geometric dimensioning and tolerancing.
• Demonstrated ability to work independently with minimal supervision
• Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Office Products with the ability to manage files and records effectively
• Ability to use Precision Hand measuring devices such as calipers, height gages, thread gauges, protractors, micrometers, and similar inspection equipment.
• Excellent interpersonal and effective communication skills which include the ability to teach and explain methodologies.
PEAK Technical Staffing USA
Get fresh Electronic Field Service Technician jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.