Software Design Engineer
PEAK Technical Staffing USA Deer Valley, AZ
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
e currently have an exciting opportunity for a self-motivated individual that enjoys a fast paced and challenging environment, to join our Engineering Team as a Software Development Engineer.
Primary responsibilities will include;
• Lead firmware architect for full-stack embedded ARM-based Linux system with touchscreen UI.
• Work with multi-discipline team developing thermal control products involving a diverse set of custom thermal forcing hardware for the IC test and burn-in industry.
• Design and develop custom thermal control application firmware including thermal control design of feedback loops for multiple interacting thermal forcing functions.
• Tune and verify dynamic thermal performance of thermal control systems.
• Design and develop application user interface firmware for touchscreen.
• Design and develop remote communication application layer (TCP/IP SCPI-based).
• Work closely with electrical designers to co-develop system architectures which can be readily applied to classes of thermal control applications.
• Develop sub-system firmware running on no-OS microcontrollers.
• Develop Windows desktop apps for test and support operations.
• Develop Windows and Linux libraries running on x86 platforms to support remote operation of thermal control products.
• Work closely with Application Engineering and Sales to support proposals of new products and solutions.
• Take over maintenance, enhancement and support of firmware of existing products, including supporting some software QA responsibilities for these products.
• Develop firmware regression tests for firmware applications.
• Assess third party and open source software
Required Skills• Proven Linux configuration experience (Debian preferred).
• Proven application programming experience on Linux-based platforms requiring multi-process/multi-thread resource sharing.
• Proven User Interface programming experience (Qt preferred).
• Proven programming experience interfacing with common communication protocols including TCP/IP Sockets, RS-232, RS-485, I2C, and SPI.
• Proven experience configuring and tuning feedback control systems (PID preferred).
• Proven experience interfacing to low-level analog hardware via ADC, DAC, and PWM.
• Strong ability understanding schematics and IC operation and designing low-level drivers using IC datasheets as reference.
• Familiarity with standard software development methods and tools (e.g. version control system, defect tracking tools, code review)
• Strong documentation and writing skills
Required Education• BS degree in Electrical Engineering or Computer Science
Required Years of Experience• Minimum 5 years experience in embedded system programming in C or C++
Other Useful Experience
• Qt programming
• C# programming (Visual Studio)
• GIT version control
• System test engineering
• Application engineering and other customer-facing support
• Technical writing
• Software QA
• Electronic hardware troubleshooting
• Schematic capture and PCB design
• System architect/system design
• IC Test or Burn-in
PEAK Technical Staffing USAWhy Work Here?
PEAK Technical Staffing USA is a nationwide provider of contract, contract-to-hire and direct hire employment opportunities since 1968!
AddressDeer Valley, AZ