- he selected candidate will be responsible for preparing material and cost estimates from project documents for new construction designed utilizing multistrand post-tensioning systems and assisting with bid preparation as well as project execution. Additional responsibilities include: checking and review of shop drawings, performing friction loss calculations, preparing field procedures, submittal packages, managing schedules, and assisting customers by troubleshooting field issues.
- The ability to read, interpret, and understand structural drawings and specifications along with a background in reinforced / post-tensioned concrete construction is highly desirable.
- Successful candidate will be a detail oriented, highly motivated, self-starter with strong written and verbal communication skills. The candidate must also have the ability to manage multiple tasks and meet deadlines. The candidate must have the ability to work as a team member and be comfortable communicating directly with customers. Previous experience in Post-tensioning is preferred.
- Other duties as maybe assigned by the company.
- No immigration assistance offered.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Reviews project bid documents and contracts to determine schedule, scope, procedures, and resources required to accomplishing project goals.
- Performs estimates and take-offs of post-tensioning and related labor and/or material requirements for bonded multistrand post-tensioning projects bid within the specified region.
- Day-to-day interaction with clients as required to deliver highest quality service..
- Assist with sales, project coordinators, and engineering staff in the preparation and submittal of technical drawings and procedures as required.
- Assist with sales, project coordinators, and engineering staff during the construction phase of the project to ensure company’s contractual obligations are met along with a high level of client satisfaction is achieved and maintained.
- Strong understanding and positive approach toward safety.
Education and/or Requirements:
- Bachelor or associate degree plus five years of related experience.
- Preferred education/experience requirements are degree in engineering, PE license, knowledge of post-tensioning, and sales experience.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form.
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business documents, professional journals, technical procedures, specifications, and governmental regulations.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence.
- Ability to effectively present information to managers, contractors and/or engineers.
- Ability to speak Spanish (highly desired but not required).
- Ability to handle multiple tasks in a timely and organized manner.
- Deals with others in a straightforward and honest manner, is accountable for actions, maintains confidentiality, supports company values, and conveys good news and bad.
- Meets all team deadlines and responsibilities, listens to others and values opinions, helps team leader to meet goals, welcomes newcomers and promotes a team atmosphere within the workgroup, between workgroups and across the entire company.
- Promotes mutual respect, keeps workplace clean and safe, supports safety programs
- Knows and explains product features/benefits, understands/sells the full product line, understands customer's business operations and needs, understands/responds to the competition, applies market knowledge.
- Manages fair workload and volunteers for additional work.
- Shares information with manager and team, works as part of a team, works with other departments, follows company policies and values, balances short- and long-term goals.
- Familiar with Microsoft PowerPoint and the ability to learn new software packages necessary to perform day-to-day job functions
- Ability to work with mathematical concepts, algebraic equations and fundamentals of plane geometry.
- Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios and proportions to practical situations.
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel & Word, and Auto-cad
- Business office environment with some work in the field. Some business travel is required
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel: reach with hands and arms: and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to sit, stand; walk; and stoop, keel or crouch.
- The employee is occasionally required to sit and climb or balance. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to forty pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.