Reporting to the President and the Vice President, Engineering, this position is a critical link between the engineering departments customers and the design and manufacturing engineers at the China manufacturing plant. He/she will oversee every technical aspect of major customer projects, and coordinate all relevant communications from initial customer functionality specifications to required product design, modifications and spec adjustments, plant testing, customer sampling and testing, and final product release.
Location: Aliso Viejo, CA – regular travel to US customer locations and manufacturing plant in Ningbo, China
- Degree in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering,
- Minimum 5-7 years of experience as product engineer or application engineer - preferably in electronic components.
- Minimum of 3-5 years specific experience in bi-metal disc thermostats are a ‘MUST’.
- Candidate has detailed understanding of the design, production and all major application aspects of bi-metal thermostat products. Ideally, the candidate has direct application engineering experience, and has worked in a variety of projects translating customer application requirements into specific bi-metal thermostat design and manufacturing solutions.
- ‘High energy’ and results-driven individual with excellent written and verbal communication skills,
- Highly organized with outstanding project management capabilities, performs well under time pressure and displays outstanding attention to detail.
- Strong focus on delivering consistent and reliable technical customer solutions.
- The right candidate will - after having proven him/herself in this position – have the opportunity for a broader role within the Engineering