Metals and Minerals Applications Business Development Engineer(Remote)
PEAK Technical Staffing USA Pittsburgh, PA
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Responsibilities include new business signings and technical sales of gases, technology and equipment to the Aluminum, other non-ferrous, Foundry, Cement, Lime and Pulp and Paper industries. The role also provides guidance to our applied research group for new offering development using the candidate’s understanding of current and future industry processes and environmental issues. The job requires 30-40% travel to customer sites in the US and Canada, contacting customers/prospects, making presentations and proposals, working with company’s liquid-bulk and on-site sales teams, to sell liquefied industrial gases (oxygen, nitrogen, hydrogen, argon, etc.) and large on-site plants. Other aspects of the role include resolving customer technical challenges, helping customers improve their operations, efficiency, and safety. This specialist is involved from the initial contact, all the way through startup and customer retention. This is a very exciting and multifaceted position, where no two days are the same.
- Develop and advance the current opportunity pipeline for this segment in support of growth objectives
- Identify and develop new prospects for industrial gas usage and equipment/ technology sales in the target industries. Focus on prospects operating in growth markets and with solid cost positions, in geographies of priority for the company.
- Audit prospects and customer processes to identify new or more efficient usage of industrial gases
- Engage with sub-regional marketing, segment marketing and lead generation in order to develop a broader opportunity pipeline in regions and applications of importance to the company.
- Develop the scope and support the execution of company's technology demonstrations in the field, proving the benefits of industrial gases in customer processes such as melting, extrusion, blanketing and heating operations, working side by side with customer operations staff during trials and start-ups
- Identify the economic benefits of company’s technologies regarding production increase, enhanced product quality, ability to use lower cost raw materials, fuel savings, reduced emissions, etc., developing the business case for the customer operation and guiding company’s pricing strategies
- Bring feedback from the field on industry needs (economic, regulatory, process flexibility, etc.) to our industry segment and marketing managers and advanced technology and equipment engineering teams, in order to guide the development of new applications; engage with this broader team from cradle-to-grave in order to deploy and promote successful technology in the field, including developing beta site candidates and commercial terms that will lead to solid reference accounts for differentiated offerings
- Engage in significant trade associations, technical organizations, major conferences, and local trade shows in priority geographies, etc., with the objective of learning, presenting technical papers, promoting technology, supporting marketing efforts, networking, leading committees, and developing a reputation as technical leaders.
- Work with customers and internal groups in advanced technology, computational modeling and marketing to develop technical papers and marketing materials that showcase modeling or lab/field demonstration of company’s offerings
- Engage external partners to provide full solutions to the customer, as applicable
- Effectively use our Customer Relationship Management system to capture key account information related to customer industry, processes and applications, as well as critical developments as the account progresses through the sales cycle
- Undergraduate technical degree required, preferably Engineering
- Undergraduate business degree or MBA a plus
- Willing to take initiative and work proactively, both internally and externally
- Multi-year experience in the non-ferrous and/or minerals industries
- Ideal candidates will have solid understanding of non-ferrous melting applications, foundry cupolas, pulp and paper processes, and cement/lime kilns. Extrusion and metals refining experience, knowledge of refractories, furnace design and combustion systems would be a plus
- Familiarity with oxy-fuel combustion is preferred
- The successful candidate will have an existing network of industry contacts
- Experience in technical service, sales, or applications development a plus
- Experience in or prior exposure to the industrial gases industry a plus
- Effective teamwork skills
- Ability to work efficiently across functions and levels, both internally and externally
- Good business acumen
- Good interpersonal and strong influencing skills
- This position can be based anywhere in the United States.
PEAK Technical Staffing USAWhy Work Here?
PEAK Technical Staffing USA is a nationwide provider of contract, contract-to-hire and direct hire employment opportunities since 1968!