PEAK is looking for Manufacturing Assembly Technician for an opening with a Medical Device company in Mountain View, CA.
This is an onsite role, contract to hire. You’ll be assisting in the production of instrument and assays that include optics, electronics and mechanical assemblies.
This job requires a self-starter with basic mechanical assembly skills, ability to follow written instruction, willingness to cheerfully perform a wide variety of tasks in a fast-moving organization, and experience working in a disciplined production environment.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- The job includes assembly and manufacturing of electro-mechanical products, including use of hand tools and following written work instructions.
- In addition to assembly tasks, this position will be responsible for a variety of activities within a small assembly shop, including receiving and inspecting incoming parts per written instruction, performing part counts and assisting with maintaining shop inventory, maintaining bin stock material supplies (screws, etc), general shop maintenance including cleaning and organizing materials and workspaces.
- Must have a “can-do” attitude regarding tasks and challenges presented. The ability to work in a demanding and fast-paced environment, and flexibility and a positive attitude in taking on new projects, will be essential for a successful candidate.
- Daily test execution following detailed test procedures.
- Collect data from test units, organize the findings and identify product defects.
- Preparing and documenting test results.
- Assembly and manufacturing of electro-mechanical products. Good skills with hand tools and following written work instructions.
- Receiving and inspecting incoming parts.
- Inventory control of stock and tracking work in process.
- Documenting tasks performed according to SOPs
- Documenting problems or failures in the product, process or equipment.
- Some computer skills and experience with common software (Excel, PowerPoint, email) will be preferred. • Ability to read engineering documentation is a plus, but not essential.
- Authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis
- Full fluency (verbal and written) of the English language is a must.
PEAK Technical Staffing USAwww.peaktechnical.com