Title: Field Design Engineer
Type: Contract to Direct (Min 12 months)
Location: Concord, CA (SanFran Bay Area)
Customer Sites/Service: Pacific Gas and Electric
Our client is seeking 2 full time Field Design Engineers to provide field inspections and support of utility poles and new customer connections throughout the SF Bay Area of CA.
Position “Must Have requirements” will require candidates to have:
- heir own reliable car
- 8MP camera
- Smart Phone with Data plan
- High speed internet connection at home.
- CAD - AutoCAD
- Experience with electrical distribution design
The successful candidate will travel around the area, interacting with customers needing new connections and upgrades to existing connections of the local utility, taking pictures of utility poles and recording data to assist in the design of the connection, upgrade or new service. Significant walking is required, 95% of this position requires field related work. Candidate will be required to be in the field year round and every day (as weather and personal safety permits), and could be subject to inspection of poles in the following areas; urban, rural, backyard pole lines, and Transmission and Distribution Right of Ways.
The mileage and hours vary depending on the work provided from the client (work as assigned), could vary from part time to full time hours. On a daily basis pictures need to be uploaded to a shared drive from candidates home office.
Protective equipment provided: hard hat, EH rated boots, safety glasses, high visibility vest.
Candidate will need to be highly organized and efficient in the execution of this work. Candidate will be highly autonomous and work independently. Candidate will receive 8 to 16 hours of training prior to working alone. Hours are flexible based on need dates of inspections. Candidate will be responsible for following company safety procedures and reporting progress on a weekly basis.
• High School Diploma required, 2+ years experience mix education and experience with Electric Distribution design, CAD drafting with AutoCAD
• Candidates must be able to work in both team and independent environments and to organize work to meet deadlines
• Candidates must be able to walk at least five miles, swing a 3lb hammer, and execute field work on a daily basis
• Willingness to travel frequently (50 - 75 miles, no overnight travel)
• Personal vehicle use
• Indoor and outdoor working conditions