The Senior Manager, FP&A will play an integral role in the financial planning, reporting and analysis process for PEAK Event Services. Assisting in the preparation of financial plans and forecasts based on the strategies determined by the senior management team. Gathering and publishing various financial reporting and analysis including historical, current, pro-forma and forward looking financial plans. Perform financial analysis and scenarios using appropriate financial concepts and techniques.
Primary Responsibilities and Essential Duties:
· Support preparation of the monthly financial reporting package and management discussion and analysis report, including actual vs. budget, actual vs. forecast and actual vs. prior year variance analysis.
· Lead the FP&A team in the quarterly financial forecast process to update the organization on projected financial performance.
· Provide capex, opex, operational and headcount reporting and analytics.
· Assist in the strategic planning and analysis processes, including the development of annual operating plans, ongoing forecasting, contingency planning, etc.
· Lead the process of budgeting and forecasting for newly acquired business units including updating pro-forma reporting for both bank and investors.
· Participate in monthly and quarterly business review processes.
· Engage functional business leaders to provide timely and relevant financial information and analyses to enable sound decision-making.
· Develop relationships with leaders across the organization.
· Maintain and provide relevant updates to various reporting and planning models.
· Work collaboratively with accounting department to ensure alignment with forecast and budget driving robust reporting and analytics.
· Other ad hoc projects as necessary.
Required Skills and Experience:
· Mix of private and public company experience.
· Knowledge of finance, accounting, budgeting, and cost control principles including Generally Accepted Accounting Principles. Knowledge of automated financial and accounting reporting systems (i.e. Hyperion, Cogno, or similar etc.) a must have.
· Must have strong analytical, mathematical, and advanced excel modeling skills.
· Professional written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills. Ability to participate in, facilitate group meetings, and work with cross-functional leaders.
· Ability to prioritize and meet deadlines in a relaxed yet fast-paced fun culture.
· Highly collaborative with strong business partnership and influencing skills.
· Responsible and extremely resourceful in finding answers and solutions when information and data is not readily available.
· Must have the ability to work with database administrators and build reporting packages and predictive analytics reporting from source data sets using excel or other reporting and analysis tools available.
· The ideal candidate will be able to get into the details to understand key business processes and transactions, yet also be able to translate these understandings to the CEO and CFO concisely and in such a meaningful way that the Sr. Manager of FP&A is also the key business partner to the CEO and CFO.
Education and Required Experience:
· Bachelor’s and/or Master’s degree in Economics/Accounting/Finance or similar.
· 10+ years forecast and modeling experience, preferably in a financial planning function.
· Knowledge of accounting statements and financial reporting.