Senior Project Manager - Midwest Region
- Posted: over a month ago
- To understand all phases of the project
- Mentoring, managing, and training personnel
- To completely manage a complicated project or a number of smaller to mid-sized projects.
- Effectively motivate and teach subordinates.
- To produce a high quality and quantity of work on schedule and under budget.
- Coordinate the interaction between Peak Team and Subcontractors.
- Understanding and controlling project budget.
- Development and management of CPM Project schedule for all projects.
- Accomplish and expedite project subcontract purchasing and buyout quickly and effectively to avoid pricing escalation and supply chain delays to the project schedule
- Exhibit proficient computer skills and use of technology.
- To effectively communicate in verbal and written form in a clear and timely manner to all project stakeholders.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
Ultimately, the Senior Project Manager Role at Peak Construction Corporation is Primarily Responsible for the following:
- Fully accountable for delivering the project to the client within the project schedule and within the project budget;
- Ensure communication with the project team and ensure client satisfaction;
- Expected to manage multiple clients and multiple projects;
- Ability to manage national projects while based in Midwest with required regular travel to National project locations;
- Expected to participate in the overall management of the company, including corporate initiatives as well as contribute to company executive meetings and profit projections;
- Expected to present themselves to new clients and actively solicit new work as required;
- Conduct performance evaluations as needed with project managers, superintendents, and project engineers for their projects;
- Create opportunities with our clients to increase our understanding of their needs, (ex. Sporting events, lunch, golf, and dinner dance events)
- Project Budget
- Participation in pre-construction phase of projects to develop the project budget.
- Work with project team to define Peak internal (general conditions) costs and budget for each project
- Take responsibility for project budget and expeditiously proceed with bidding and award of trade work early on in the project;
- Proactive management of project cost vs budget and accurate projection of project final costs and profit frequently to prepare for monthly profit projection reviews;
- Creation and Expediting subcontract agreements for awarded work leading to fully executed agreements in accordance with the project schedule.
- Close out projects thoroughly and quickly to avoid delays to final completion for projects worked on. Achieve final completion within a maximum of 60 days after substantial completion is achieved.
- Project Schedule
- Share overall responsibility for meeting Peak’s contractual schedule requirements of the Project with Project Superintendent;
- Responsibility for participation in the creation of the Master Project Schedule for the overall project updating the master schedule every other week during the course of any particular project.
- Share responsibility for working with the project team during pre-con, procurement, and construction phase of the project to provide direction, for critical path procurement of resources to complete the project on time;
Other Responsibilities and Duties:
- Timely responses (emails, texts, phone calls) to Peak team and Ownership on all project issues;
- Employ a pro-active (not reactive) management style;
Continually search for what we don’t know we don’t know;
QUALIFICATIONS & SKILLS
- Ability to work well, collaboratively, constructively, and productively with others;
- Exhibit strong problem-solving ability.
- Must be able to communicate effectively.
- Exhibit strong decision-making skills and ability to prioritize commitments/challenges against others.
- Must be self-Motivated
- Strong leadership skills.
- Exhibit an ability to mentor junior team members.
- Ability to handle stressful situations and foresight to seek appropriate solutions in a timely manner
- Education: 4 year Bachelor Degree in a construction related field Minimum
- Completed all qualifications and responsibilities of the Project Manager II position
- Minimum 10 to 15 years’ experience
Powered by JazzHR
PEAK CONSTRUCTION CORPORATION
TechnologyView all jobs at PEAK CONSTRUCTION CORPORATION