Primary Accountabilities and Supporting Activities
- Provide leadership and direction to maintenance technicians, including assignment of work tasks, development of skills and accountability to high performance
- Oversee the plant CMMS, parts room inventory management, and preventative maintenance program to maintain production equipment in proper working condition and ensure that equipment is ready to run when scheduled
- Ensure maintenance work orders and pm’s are planned and scheduled on a weekly basis.
- Ensure timely repair of equipment and completion of work orders, instilling a strong sense of urgency and drive to determine and resolve root cause
- Fully develop the plant CMMS ensuring all critical and recommended spare parts are loaded, proper inventory levels maintained, and pm’s are updated and load leveled.
- Plan, direct, and coordinate maintenance mechanics and contractors as required to execute process improvement initiatives
- Ensure spare parts are identified and pm procedures for new equipment are developed and integrated into the plant CMMS.
- Leverage CMMS data to identify gaps in equipment reliability and develop and implement solutions to improve performance.
- Train and develop maintenance mechanics and team members on new techniques, processes and engineered changes.
- Continuously strive to identify, plan and implement projects that improve the reliability of equipment.
- Develop tools and techniques to analyze and develop cost effective preventative maintenance procedures.
- Identify, develop, and implement procedures and/or equipment modifications that reduce the time required to repair/replace equipment and improves reliability
- Support plant operations by helping troubleshoot equipment and process issues.
- Interact with the maintenance and production teams to identify root cause of equipment failures and downtime events.
- Perform Root Case Analysis, develop recommendations, and implement solutions and procedures for permanent elimination of operational issues.
- Prepare and revise manufacturing & process documentation.
- Support engineering product changes & launches by leading activities associated with developing robust manufacturing processes and training plans.
- Solve problems related to equipment, tooling, process, & quality, and document problem-solving efforts.
- Write capital spending requests, write equipment specifications, develop new equipment & processes, manage the project to ensure new products launch on time with zero defects.
- Resolve problems by influencing or motivating individuals or groups who are working toward mutual goals.
- Evaluate new materials, processes and procedures to enhance and improve existing product lines.
- Provide technical support for raw materials and construction methods associated with all assigned product lines.
- Work with other departments to assure reasonableness of plans and timetables for design, manufacture and performance testing. Advise management of delays, problems or changes.
- Develop continuous improvement plans and document the journey.
- Participate and support lean manufacturing initiatives like 5S as well as other duties and projects as assigned.
- Work with Sales and Manufacturing to understand customer needs and product applications.
- Four (4) year B.S. degree in Mechanical, Electrical, Chemical, or Manufacturing Engineering.
- 3 - 5 years’ experience as Maintenance, Manufacturing, Project, and/or Process Engineer;
- Preferred experience from a manufacturing environment
- Knowledge in food processing and / or chemical processing, GMP’s, clean design, etc.
- Familiarity with batch and continuous processing including filtration techniques, extraction and / or product packaging
- Strong problem-solver, using structured approaches as well as creativity
- Strong work ethic and sense of urgency
- High energy, positive attitude, hands on with the ability to keep multiple projects on track
- Hands-on knowledge of CAD software like AutoCAD and CMMS systems
- Experience with MS Office applications, including MS project
- Basic understanding of lean manufacturing techniques and a strong focus on continuous improvement, Green belt desirable.
- Hands-on experience with automation implementation including project scope development, equipment selection and implementation
- Familiarity food safety programs like SQF, Kosher, etc.