This position is primarily responsible for field installation and maintenance of equipment for new and existing customers. The job involves representing the company to the customer and assuring customer satisfaction through proper equipment set-up, operator and maintenance training and on-going service calls. Position will also be called upon to perform in-house check-out of finished machinery prior to shipping, final inspection of machinery, and sales support when technical representation is required. Geographic area of responsibility is worldwide.
1. Responsible for supervising equipment installation and start-up in customer plants. Develops and implements a customer training program sufficient to assure continued production and customer satisfaction after field technician leaves customer site. Will be called upon to make routine service trips to customer facilities at request of supervisor. Keeps detailed notes from service trips and distributes trip reports to appropriate people.
2. Travels to customer facilities globally, to troubleshoot equipment problems. Utilizes analytical skills to determine causes of failures and malfunctions. Recommends and implements corrective actions.
3. When not traveling, provides technical phone support to customers during business hours. Documents customer phone activity in an ERP system. Follows up with customers to verify resolution of problems. Provides 24-hour technical assistance to customers, through after hours support function.
4. Performs check-out of equipment prior to shipping. Objective is to verify that machinery will run product to customers' specifications, prior to being shipped..
5. When not traveling, facilitates the sales effort when technical assistance is required, (e.g., in-house machinery demonstrations). Will also perform the assembly of new products, as required. Assists with equipment operation at national and international trade shows.
6. Assists with R&D and other special projects as required. Provides technical advice and assistance to other departments.
7. Must be totally proficient with equipment operation including programs, troubleshooting, maintenance, film processing and applications.
8. Responsible for training new service technicians.
9. Visibly supports "lean" and other process improvement activities. Participates in rapid improvement events.
An Associate' s Degree in Electro-Mechanical Technology or equivalent experience or training in engineering, sales or technical service. An extensive working knowledge of electrical systems and electrical trouble-shooting experience. A sound mechanical aptitude. Ability to apply his/her electrical and mechanical knowledge to sufficiently understand, explain and modify the total functions, limitations or adaptations of company equipment. Familiarity with a 24-hour-per-day manufacturing process, preferably in the plastics or paper industry. Must have professional appearance and a pleasant personality. Ability to work under stressful conditions including interruptions, heavy information flow and changes in job task priority. Ability to think creatively and innovatively. Willingness to travel globally with extended visits of two-to-three weeks possible. Ability to work harmoniously with fellow employees, customers, and vendors.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, marital status, pregnancy, genetic information, or other legally protected status.