POSITION SUMMARY: (Overall purpose and scope of position)
This position will contribute to the architecture, design, and development of next-generation User Interfaces (UI) using React Native (RN) and NodeJS on both mobile and desktops platforms. Alongside a full front-to-back end microservice framework, this position will have the opportunity to play a key role in on-going new product development, from concept to launch; providing growth opportunities to use a myriad of technologies and software stacks in both front and back-end development with both on-prem and off-prem infrastructure.
POSITION ACCOUNTABILITIES: (Essential duties and responsibilities)
- Design, develop, and extend the UI using NextGen technologies on mobile and desktop.
- Participate in full development life cycle; design, coding, testing and production release.
- Collaborate and coordinate with coworkers in a distributed team environment.
- Assist in planning and implementing improvements to new and existing systems.
SPECIAL POSITION REQUIREMENTS: (Travel, hours, physical demands, risks or hazards)
- An independent individual who will remain successful in a macro-managed work environment.
- An innovative worker who will be willing to spend time researching new areas of growth for current and future software needs.
- A self-starter willing to design and build solutions to both current and future in-house processes
QUALIFICATIONS NEEDED: (MINIMUM requirements to perform the job).
- 3+ years Desktop web application design, development, and testing experience
- 3+ years Android web application design, development, and testing experience
- 4+ years of development using React Native (RN)
- 4+ years of development using NodeJS
- Experience with DevOps and an Agile Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC)
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Strong work ethic and ability to work in a dynamic environment.
- Passion for developing robust, scalable, state of the art software systems.
QUALIFICATIONS PREFERRED: (OPTIONAL - Additional knowledge, experience or skills helpful)
- Experience with Message Brokers (e.g., AMQP) such as RabbitMQ & CloudAMQP & Azure Data Bus
- Experience using the Azure platform for storage and compute e.g. VMs and LogicApps
- Experience with Microservice architecture methodology and concepts
- Experience with Computer Vision & Augmented Reality
- Experience with OpenCV
- Experience with TensorFlow
PDS Tech has staffing partnerships with leading organizations based in the United States and globally. We hire job seekers daily for openings across skill categories, including Engineering, IT, Business Professional, Administrative, Accounting/Finance, Skilled Trades and Industrial. We offer our contractors an ala carte benefits package that far exceeds our competitors, including health, dental, vision, life, disability, 401k, and employee prepaid legal services. We have an active referral bonus program to reward the collaborative efforts of our contractor community. Depending on your location or job category, holidays and longevity bonuses may also be offered. In addition, we have a recognition program to honor workplace accomplishments and celebrate contractor achievements.
PDS Tech has recently joined the AKKA Group. AKKA is an international leader listed on the Euronext stock exchange and provides engineering consulting and R&D services for clients in the fields of automotive, aerospace and rail, and including life sciences, telecommunications, energy and defense. For more information about AKKA Technologies, visit https://www.akka-technologies.com/
PDS Tech, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, marital status, pregnancy, genetic information, or other legally protected status.
For more information visit us at www.pdstech.com