- Accountable for delivering software tasks for assigned projects within budgeted cost and schedule at the appropriate level of quality.
- Provide recommendations for improving software, and testing activities to maintain the competitiveness of UOP technologies and products.
- Identification of opportunities for continuous work process and productivity improvements for project activities that you perform and observe.
- Implement assigned improvement projects.
- Develop and maintain Quality Management System documents used within your area.
- Optimizing project deliverables for the projects assigned by maximizing efficiency of the delivery process through better methods, masters, systems, and tools and to minimize costs.
- Regular reporting on the status of assigned projects.
Typical tasks would be:
- Customizing PLC programs and HMI programs.
- Customizing Operator Interface Applications in Wonderware.
- Installing and working with Operating Systems and applications.
- Preparing Distributed Control System I/O Interface List.
- Installing custom softwares and networking PCs.
Basic Qualifications .
- A Bachelor of Science degree in Computer, Electrical, or Mechanical Engineering is required Or Associates degree in Computer, Electrical or Mechanical Engineering with 3 years of relevant experience.
- 2 years control systems software development experience is desired.
- Experience in developing control systems software for batch or continuous process application in the refining, petrochemicals, pulp & paper or pharmaceutical industries is considered ideal.
- A working knowledge of Honeywell control system products including Experion, Safety Manager, C300, and Masterlogic is a plus.
- A working knowledge of programmable logic controllers (PLC) and HMI software such as Wonderware and FactoryTalk View is a plus.
- A working knowledge of controllers such as Invensys Tricon/Trident, Siemens S7 and/or Rockwell/Allen-Bradley ControlLogix products is a plus.
- Understand interfaces such as RS-232, RS-422, RS-485, Ethernet, fiber optic, and interface protocols such as Modbus TCP/IP, Ethernet/IP and Object Linking & Embedding for Process Control (OPC).
- Understand control panel electrical schematics and able to troubleshoot control systems including components such as power supplies, breakers, relays, and analog and digital wire loops.
- An understanding of the concepts and role of software within control systems is key.
- Familiarity with components of computer systems.
- Good organizational, troubleshooting and problem solving skills are a must.
- Excellent oral and written communications skills.
- Ability to work in a collaborative team environment.