Operations - Mechanical Engineer IV
Work Location: ANCHORAGE TOWER
Start/End Dates: 2/24/2020 - 2/23/2021 12 months.
Assignment Scope: Key Accountabilities
• Provides mechanical engineering support to facilities design and operations.
• Provides discipline technical support during the project FEL process for new and/or revamp projects.
• Provides technical support for problem solving and development of recommendations to reduce or eliminate failures.
• Keeps abreast of new developments in applicable codes in order to utilize the latest available technology.
• Assists in the design, layout, testing, and evaluation of mechanical and electro-mechanical devices or systems.
• Provides support for design and/or modification of hardware in production.
• Oversees technical studies.
• Supports supply chain in mechanical system and equipment procurement activities.
Required and Preferred Skills and Experience
ASME (American Society of Mechanical Engineers) Boiler and Pressure Vessel Code for Materials (BPVC-II)
Knowledge of ASME (American Society of Mechanical Engineers) Piping Codes
Knowledge of ASME (American Society of Mechanical Engineers) Boiler and Pressure Vessel (BPV) Codes
AK PE and Arctic Experience.
Familiarity with DOT, ADEC, and SPCC regulations
• Senior level, typically 7-10 years of experience.
• Understands advanced aspects of discipline and is viewed as an expert in a given field.
• Applies broad range of competencies to develop solutions to complex problems.
• Influences others to achieve objectives.
• Often provides specialized/technical/functional guidance to others within department and/or business asset.