PDS Tech, Inc. is seeking a HR Assistant in Herndon, VA.
Benefits Administration (70%)
- Supports Benefits function as directed with day-to-day administration on pension plan, retirement plan, or medical, dental, vision, life insurance, FSA, HSA STD/LTD, COBRA ensuring compliance with plan terms and regulatory requirements.
- Performs data entry into and maintains data integrity of the Benefits systems. Completes daily benefits processing including enrollments and terminations. Maintains data integrity in benefit systems and retirement plan systems analyzing and fully auditing data to the HRIS system of record. Serves as a data liaison with other departments and process stakeholders (e.g. Payroll, HRBPs, HRIS).
- Processes personnel actions (hires, terminations, pay & title changes, promotions, employment status, etc.) in the benefits systems
- Coordinates with HRIS to develop standard reports for ongoing internal process administration for benefit plans and customer needs.
- Assists in the development of user procedures, guidelines and documentation for benefits-related systems and for benefit plan administration actions.
- Recommends process/customer service improvements, innovative solutions, policy changes and/or major variations from established policy.
- Executes quality control reviews of benefit plan enrollments and QLEs, collecting and reviewing all required information and documentation necessary to enroll employees and their dependents.
- Documents invoices for vendors and services, tracks submission and payment. Updates annual budget and spend reports. Resolves payment and invoice issues. Ensures vendor files are complete and current with signed contracts, correct contact information and current year W-9. Coordinates with A/P and Procurement to ensure timely and accurate vendor payments.
- Demonstrate first class customer service to employees at all times
Process Documentation (30%)
- Documents process and procedure in the Benefits function. Reviews and completes process documentation ensuring consistency of format, approach, and language. Coordinate with vendors to review and validate benefit terms and contractual compliance.
Qualified Experience / Skills / Training: Education
- Bachelors' degree in Human Resources Management, Psychology, Business or other relevant field preferred
- 2 -3 years of hands-on benefits administration experience with varied experience working in Benefits and Human Resources including:
- Demonstrated practical experience in the field of Benefits and Human Resources
- Effectively and efficiently managing confidential data
- Interpreting and communicating employment policies and benefits programs
- Ability to document and research complex topics and identify potential solutions to resolve employee benefit issues
- Experience working with benefit plan providers (carriers, TPA, Broker) systems to manage data and quality check benefit plan and employee data
- Experience dealing with complex conflict situations
- Experience working with HRIS and benefit enrollment systems and data, including data entry and data validation and auditing
- PHR certification preferred
Knowledge, Skills, Demonstrated Capabilities:
- Self-motivated with the ability to multi-task, prioritize effectively, be extremely organized and meet deadlines
- Exceptional customer service orientation and demonstrated innovative approach to "Make Things Happen."
- Passion for the HR profession
- Ability to handle & to adapt to a very diverse stakeholder group
- Welcoming, collaborative approach and a strong focus on relationships
- Ability to identify and resolve problems in a timely and efficient manner
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written
- Strong capabilities in Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
- Knowledge and understanding of Benefits and HR practices and applicable federal/state employment laws/regulations (COBRA, FMLA, FLSA and Workers Compensation)