Position responsibilities include providing technical leadership for the development, maintenance and support of business applications that are an integral part of the management and administration of the Defense Health Agency. The candidate will establish relationships with end customers, obtain and refine requirements, build agreed upon schedules and mentor software / database staff to deliver high quality products on-time, utilizing Microsoft Development Tools. From time to time, responsibilities will include the ability to fill in as a lead for Software Development, Independent Quality Assurance and Database Administration tasks.
Candidate should have experience across a variety of tasks including
• Gathering, interpreting and documenting customer requirements
• Providing technical support for the development, maintenance, and support of business applications
• Providing technical support in the preparation of information assurance documentation and associated audits.
• Estimation of level of effort and duration of Software Development tasks
• Providing technical support and mentor-ship to less experienced team members
• Providing functional expertise for the analysis and enhancements of business tools
• Creating and maintaining technical documentation related to supported business tools
Providing support for transactional databases in a SQL Server environment
• BA/BS in Software Engineering, Computer Science or related discipline.
• Software Development experience in Microsoft .Net, VBA, or equivalent
• Strong experience with Microsoft SQL Server, Transact SQL, and Microsoft SQL Server Integration Services
• Experience in performance quality assurance tasks such as unit, performance and regression testing
• Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Tools including MS Project, Visio and Access.
• Ability to work with and lead a team containing technical and non-technical members.
• Obtain and keep current Security+ Training annually
• Must be able to obtain a Government Public Trust clearance
• Experience utilizing Team Foundation Server or Visual Source Safe
• Experience with basic database administration tasks in a Microsoft SQL Server environment.
• Knowledge of development architectures and software patterns
• Applied knowledge of an agile development process for small applications.
• Experience with the Risk Management Framework and its implementation a plus.
EXPERIENCE & TRAINING: Bachelors (Masters preferred) Degree in Computer Science, a related field or equivalent experience. 5 years applicable software design engineering experience.