Reporting to the Supply Chain Manager the Buyer/Planner will manage supply chain, including planning and inventory control to support company long and short term goals and strategies.
• Organizes program based activities with the materials team to prepare plan/schedule for operations team for one or more value streams.
• Issues program purchase orders, blanket orders and contracts to meet the long range quality, delivery and cost target of assigned programs
• Prepare RFI/RFP/RFQ proposals, negotiation, purchase agreements, NDA’s, SOW, LOI, and LTA’s following corporate guidelines. Analyzes value of competing bids; carries out broad assignments that align with company strategies.
• Organize, coordinate, and negotiate terms and conditions for subassemblies, outside processes and complex parts, and places orders for standard routine items for SSL.
• Purchases materials, parts, supplies, and equipment following established purchasing policies and procedures and optimizes price, delivery, and terms.
• Investigate and recommend opportunities to reduce product costs, optimize prime, delivery and inventory levels, and improve the supplier base or improve specific processes.
• Interface closely with Production, Engineering, Quality, Sales, Administration, suppliers, and all levels of management to evaluate proposals, maintain daily/monthly KPI reports and other technical documents.
• Confers with OEM/suppliers to obtain product or service information such as lead time, price availability delivery schedule, expedite requests, and material requirements.
• Assist with AP issues to insure timely matching and payment of supplier invoices and drive continuous improvement of material/component savings opportunities
• Performs other related duties as required.
• Bachelor’s Degree from a four-year college or university and minimum two years related experience or an equivalent combination of formal education, on-the-job training, and/or work experience.
• Minimum of 2 years of relevant experience, including the following:
• Proven negotiation skills and the ability to manage multiple suppliers to deliver positive value to the organization.
• Experience planning production schedules.
• Experience managing inventory control.
• Experience with MRP / ERP systems.
• Demonstrated ability to deliver results in a manufacturing environment.
• Knowledge of Bill of Materials (BOM) structure.
• Demonstrated data analytical skills
• Supply Chain related education, training or certification.
• Experience in a highly regulated industry, especially aerospace.
• Well organized with solid judgment; able to multitask and adjust to changing priorities.
• Desire to identify continuous improvement opportunities and lead projects to make improvements to processes, procedures, etc.
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills; ability to interact with internal and external stakeholders including Senior Leadership.
• Demonstrated ability to build credibility with, interact with, and influence suppliers, customers, and key stakeholders; Ability to build strong relationships.
• The above description reflects the details considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job and should not be construed as a detailed descriptions of all the work requirements that may be performed in the job.