We have an immediate opening for a HR Manager - MUST have automotive and/or manufacturing experience
Manage entire contract staffing process for Michigan locations. Includes receiving the position requisition from manager, appropriating requisitions to staffing companies, receiving resumes to review, setting up (and/or conducting) interviews for qualified candidates, working with requestor to determine final approval of candidate.
· Conduct presentations for employee during orientation, benefits open enrollment, workforce training, and other events as required.
· Maintain employee files, departmental rosters, certifications and training documents as required.
· Efficiently track the progress of current tasks, and be able to speak to the status of multiple assignments upon request.
· Process weekly payroll and vacation requests
· Assist controller with employee benefit administration, reviewing direct hire payroll for accuracy, FMLA and COBRA
· Performing required data entry to create and update reports, spreadsheets, and other documents upon request.
· Answering phones; greet and assist visitors
· Participate as a member of the Safety Committee.
· Maintain OSHA Log; ensure completion of injury reports and related paperwork for all injuries.
· Assist with employee travel arrangements for out-of-town programs.
· Other duties as assigned.
Skills & Requirements
· Self-motivated; Strong attention to detail required.
· Ability to type a minimum of 55 wpm
· Two years’ experience working in a staffing, recruiting and/or HR role; experience working with confidential and or protected information preferred.
· Strong and professional communication skills required; written and verbal.
· Strong knowledge of MS Word, MS Excel, and ADP required.
· Ability to prioritize multiple functions and tasks, managing work time efficiently.