Operations Engineer / Manufacturing Engineer
PDS Inc Orlando, FL
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
REQ #: 19906
Position: PSE Operations Engineer / Manufacturing Engineer / Tooling Engineer
Location: Merritt Island, FL
Rate Range: $50.00 - $60.00 per hour W-2
Operations engineer would be embedded to activities that go on in one of the areas and be familiar with the tooling and understand when there are issues.
Would see if it was maintenance or a design modification. They would also author the preventative maintenance work orders.
We are in search of an Operations Engineer who will work embedded with a production team of technicians and in a work center to ensure the smooth operation of production tooling used for launch vehicle manufacturing and testing. This is engineer will coordinate the needs of the work center with a design and engineering team to ensure that any tooling modifications, repair or maintenance are preformed to minimize downtime and impacts to launch vehicle production and operations. They will interface directly with vehicle production, launch systems, and other test and operational groups. We put a strong emphasis hands-on technical ability, as our engineers are directly involved with, equipment operation, trouble-shooting, and active engagement with engineering and maintenance personnel. Other responsibilities include population of maintenance management system, preventative maintenance execution and tracking, resource planning and coordination with production control.
• Understand and follow design specifications, performance specifications, fabrication specifications, acceptance test procedures, and maintenance plans, for of GSE.
• Coordinate directly with design, engineering, manufacturing, operations, and product development personnel to communicate operational requirements.
• Coordinate directly with technical personnel to plan and support GSE maintenance activities to ensure equipment availability and operational safety.
• Represent PSE considerations in manufacturing, operational, and program technical reviews
• Author and execute maintenance work orders for production support equipment
• Coordinate maintenance work with multi-discipline meetings to schedule work
• Work in dynamic production environment supporting production work center teams
• Active involvement in functional checkouts and commissioning of equipment
• Maintain and report on activity schedule, budget and technical status
• Participate in continuous training and skills development.
• Passion for our mission: Millions of people living and working in space!
• Minimum of a bachelors college degree in mechanical, aerospace, electrical, structural, industrial, or manufacturing engineering; or other major requiring engineering or manufacturing core courses
• 3+ years’ experience with mechanical systems (mechanisms, power transmission components, hydraulics, fluids systems, etc.), electrical systems/components, control systems, support frames/structures, and/or lifting fixtures.
• Experience authoring and executing maintenance work orders
• Experience coordinating and prioritizing work
• Familiarity manipulating models and reading drawings/schematics
• Ability to earn trust, maintain positive and professional relationships, and contribute to a culture of inclusion.
• A continuous improvement mindset. Our job is never complete; we are always optimizing.
• Must be a U.S. citizen or national, U.S. permanent resident (current Green Card holder), or lawfully admitted into the U.S. as a refugee or granted asylum.
• Experience with CAD modeling and drawings in PTC Creo.
• Experience with revision control and data configuration in Windchill.
• Experience working on aerospace development programs, production lines, or field operations in both design and hands-on roles; experience on commercial development programs a plus
• Extremely customer focused with strong communication skills
• A demonstrated ability to work cooperatively with teams of diverse skills across large geographic distances
• Hands on fabrication, assembly, or maintenance experience
PDS IncWhy Work Here?
Our efforts over the past three decades have led to a reputation as being one of the most honorable technology consulting organizations.
Our team of experienced recruiters works directly with you to understand your skills, abilities and what environment is ideal for you.
BusinessView all jobs at PDS Inc