PDQ Skilled Trades is hiring a Production Supervisor for an American-based producer of fresh-cut fruits and vegetables.
- Able to work flexible hours and 7 days a week
- Able to communicate with management and floor employees
- Able to multitask
- Able to delegate
- Think outside the box
- Must be able to pass background check
- Must be able to pass drug test
Job Duties and Responsibilities
* Will work directly under the supervision of the Production Manager
* Will work closely with other departments to achieve common company goals and objectives.
* PPE (Personal Protective Equipment) will be issued as needed and must be worn at all times.
* Will conduct training in HACCP, GMP and Safety guidelines as required by Company policy
* Direct and coordinate activities throughout the production area
* Reviews production setup and schedules to ascertain production data, quantities, specifications and schedules are in order to meet Customer requirements.
* Reviews production and operating reports as well as resolves operational and manufacturing problems to ensure minimum costs and prevent operational delay
* Verifies that machines and equipment to ensure operational performance
* Develops and/or revises standard operational and working practices (procedures) and verifies workers are in compliance with those standards.
* Recommends measures to improve production methods, equipment performance and quality of product.
* Ensures compliance of all Company and federally regulated safety guidelines and programs.
* Compiles, stores, and retrieves production data.
* Continuously improves all related processes and results.
* Suggests changes in working conditions and use of equipment to increase efficiency of department or work crew.
* Initiates or suggests plans to motivate workers to achieve work goals.
* Maintains time and production records.
* Training of new employees.
HS Diploma or Higher
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
* Language Skills – Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
* Mathematical Skills – Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide using whole numbers, and decimals.
* Good Organizational Skills – Must be able to prioritize
* Reasoning Ability – Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions finished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
* Able to move about the facility as needed
* Occasionally lift up to 50 lbs.
* Grasping, pushing and pulling is required
* Twisting, stretching, lifting, sitting, standing, turning, kneeling and bending are required.
* Vision (with corrective lenses), touch, smell, and hearing (with hearing aid) are required.
* Windows, Excel, Word, Outlook, Axapta
* Will train and oversee the safe operation of all production equipment.
* Must be willing to work in refrigerated warehouse environment – Cold/Wet 38°F.
* Must be able to work days, nights, holidays, and weekends as scheduled or needed.
* Must be able to be on your feet for long periods of time.
PDQ Staffing, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, age, sex, religion, national origin, disability, marital status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.