PDQ Skilled Trades- Is looking for 2 Envelops Machine Operator's for the 3rd shift in Grand Prairie. This is a temp to permanent position with great benefits in a very nice and clean warehouse with an Air controlled environment.
Job Title: Envelope Machine Operator
Location: Grand Prairie
Pay rate (Hourly): $14-$18
Work Schedule: Monday-Friday 6 p.m. - 6 a.m. (some o/t on Sunday- if needed)
(Will train on 1st shift)
Skill requirements: Good mechanical skills and attention to detail. Ability to demonstrate good dexterity in manipulating product at high speeds. Ability to add, subtract, multiply, divide and read a ruler. Bi-lingual speaking preferred
ENVELOPE MACHINE OPERATOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- We are looking for multi-skilled envelope machine operators who are self-motivated; self-driven; goal and team driven.
- This position will require working with a state of the art printing/envelope machine that will require a lot of hand-eye coordination and attention to detail.
- Check and pull sample envelopes for quality ; include watching for roll-outs, folding problems, gum leaking window and/or side, printing problems, splits onside, errors in window dimensions, etc.
- Operate envelope converting equipment by following all standard operating procedures, including but not limited to:
- Monitoring glue levels, jog, fan and feed die cut blanks into rack of feed mechanism.
- Inspecting, packing and stacking finished product
- Obtaining/preparing carton supplies for each job
- Performing quality checks, wipe or wash glue from machine at end of shift.
- Reviewing samples to job ticket specification
- Maintaining/recording job times and quantities for reporting job tickets and computer software entry
- Maintain clean/safe immediate work area (as well the greater work area) including but not limited to:
- Cleaning/washing equipment parts
- Keeping carton area clean and orderly
- Emptying/disposal of waste and recycle containers
- Stacking/organizing skids
- Bilingual in Vietnamese and Spanish preferred
- Additional tasks and projects as assigned
- Assist Adjuster with machine changes by blowing down machines, wiping and assisting with press wash ups. Clean machine during job change or shutdown; blowing out of machine and removing paper waste
Ability to perform physical activities that require good hand / eye coordination and dexterity, standing, walking, stooping and kneeling. Ability to frequently lift and/or move up to 25 lbs. and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 lbs. Regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts, vibration, airborne particles, inks, solvents, and glues. Exposure to heightened noise levels. Exposure to repetitive hand and wrist movements. Ability to work up to 12 hour shifts and overtime when required.
Basic reading, math, ruling and keyboard skills
Lifting 5-50 lbs. throughout shift
Standing 10-12 hours while performing production tasks
Frequent reaching, bending, twisting, turning throughout the shift
Adherence to all safety rules including wearing PPE (Personal Protective Equipment) and clothing that complies with Company policy-Must pass a background check and drug screening
Training: Will be on the first shift for a couple of weeks and then you will be moved to 3rd shift.
Please contact the North Arlington PDQ Branch and ask for Jacob 817-459-0479 EXT 7703
711. E. Lamar BLVD
Arlington, TX 76011
817-459-0479 EXT 7703
“PDQ Staffing, Inc or Ad-A-Staff, Inc is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, age, sex, religion, national origin, disability, marital status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.”
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $15.00 to $18.00 /hour