Distribution Center Lead
PDQ Skilled Trades Arlington, TX
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
PDQ Skilled Trades is hiring a Distribution Center Lead for our client, a manufacturer and retailer of light industrial equipment and do-it-yourself supplies. Founded in 1981, the company is family owned and operated for over 35 years.
The Distribution Lead will facilitate the efficient flow of work throughout the Distribution Center in accordance with established policies, procedures, and directives from management personnel. This is a temp to hire opportunity!
Shift: 2nd shift-3:30pm to Midnight
Location: Arlington, TX
MAJOR AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY:
1. Provides work direction and training to all associates as necessary to ensure appropriate work flow, and the proper handling and disposition of all products.
2. Leads, trains, and operates in a manner which provides the best possible customer service experience to all internal and external customers.
3. Oversees resolutions of all overs, shorts, damages, and discrepancies; serves as a liaison with all external customers.
4. Schedules all outbound shipments and coordinate trailer moves with carriers. Schedules all incoming supply deliveries.
5. Conducts material handling equipment certification testing.
6. Assists supervisor to assess associate staffing requirements and assignments; fully supports and helps communicate the requirements of the Labor Management (LM) program.
7. Ensures all personnel follow standard operating procedures and adhere to stated productivity requirements while performing their job.
8. Completes all required paperwork in a timely and accurate manner.
9. Leads by example and works to support a productive and efficient work environment.
10. Works safely and complies with all established safety rules and work practices.
11. Keeps supervisor informed of important developments, potential problems and related information necessary for effective management. Coordinates and communicates plans and activities with others, as appropriate to ensure a coordinated work effort and team approach.
12. Performs related work as apparent or assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· High School education or equivalent.
· At least 1 year of related experience in a distribution center environment.
· Willingness to learn including taking additional training as needed.
· Ability to positively influence others and demonstrated ability to take on additional responsibility.
· Ability to work a varied schedule based upon business needs.
· Ability to accurately read and match numbers.
· Ability to understand and follow verbal and written directions and communicate to personnel.
· Ability to maintain a positive attitude and work in a manner that promotes a safe working environment.
· Ability to contribute to the team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
· Certification to operate all power equipment as required.
· PC experience as it relates to the essential functions of the position. Knowledge of the Warehouse Management System (WMS), and Labor Management System required.
PDQ Staffing, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, age, sex, religion, national origin, disability, marital status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.
PDQ Skilled Trades
PDQ Skilled Trades specializes in hiring the most qualified, dependable, and professional candidates within the Manufacturing and Industrial industry.