We are seeking qualified Concrete Finishers & Laborers in the Allentown/Whitehall area. The ideal candidates will have knowledge of commercial and industrial construction as well as a comprehensive understanding of procedures, techniques, tools, equipment, materials and specifications. Must be dependable, have good communication skills, detail-oriented, and the ability to work in a team environment. These positions will be required to perform all aspects of setting up, pouring, and finishing concrete as well as clean up and loading/unloading equipment and tools.
- Digging, leveling and spreading dirt, gravel or earth by using equipment or hand tools
- Spread, level and smooth concrete using hand or power trowel, hand or power screed and float
- Smooth and finish surfaces of poured concrete
- Perform manual labor associated with job prep and concrete installing, including preparing grade, setting forms, molding edges and joints, smoothing and finishing poured surfaces.
- Ability to operate motorized equipment
- Measuring and setting chalk lines and setting level to define area for concrete
- Placing rebar and tying together with wire
- Assist in the pouring of concrete flat work
- Ensure all concrete work is accurate to specifications.
- Ability to use ride on trowel
- High School graduate or GED
- 2 yrs. experience as a laborer
- 3 plus years’ experience as a concrete finisher (for the concrete finisher role)
- Must pass drug screen and physical
- Reliable transportation
- Commercial and/or industrial construction a plus
PDDM SolutionsOur customized approach to identifying quality staff includes a variety of tools and checklists to recruit, interview, hire, and onboard new employees. Through construction labor support solutions, the PDDM team of professionals helps companies to identify current and future needs and matches the best candidate for the job.