PDDM Solutions is looking for skilled Commercial and Residential Roofers in the Allentown, Pa. area. This position is responsible for working with our roofing crew to install new roofs, repair, and re-roof buildings. This may include residential or commercial buildings, flat or pitched roofs, using a wide range of materials.
Foreman – Commercial & residential roofing experience REQUIRED.
Laborer – Commercial & residential roofing experience a plus.
What you will be doing:
· Checking to ensure that completed roofs are watertight
- Sweeping and cleaning roofs to prepare them for the application of new roofing materials
- Locating worn or torn areas in roofs that may cause leak areas
- Conducting roof maintenance and repairs
- Covering roofs with layers of roofing felt or asphalt strips before spraying, coating, or installing tile, slate, and composition materials
- Removing old roofing materials
· Installation of roofs on new construction
- Inspect problem roofs to determine the best way to repair them
- Measure roof to calculate the quantities of materials needed
- Replace damaged or rotting joists or plywood
- Install vapor barriers or layers of insulation
- Install shingles, asphalt, metal, or other materials to make the roof watertight
- Align roofing materials with edges of the roof
- Cut roofing materials to fit around walls or vents
- Cover exposed nail or screw heads with roofing cement or caulk to prevent leakage
- Unloading materials and tools from work trucks, and unrolling roofing as directed
- Reporting on time to warehouse or job site as designated by supervisor
Roofing work can be hot and physically demanding. It involves heavy lifting, as well as climbing, bending, and kneeling. The job entails working outdoors in all types of inclement weather.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
- High school diploma or equivalent (required)
- Valid Driver's License
- 1-year experience in building materials or roofing (preferred)
- Able to travel for occasional out of town projects
- Able to pass initial drug screening and monthly drug screenings throughout employment, drug free workplace
- Physically able to work in a variety of outdoor elements and weather conditions
- Obtain basic math skills, and mechanical ability to work with a variety of hand and power tools
- Comfortable working on high pitched roofs, ladders and working on high rise buildings
- Eagerness and willingness to learn and receive instruction/direction from supervisor (foreman)
- Strong working knowledge of job site safety as well as ability to complete a company specific safety orientation
- 1 year of general construction experience preferred
- Experience with various power tools is a PLUS
- Roofing experience is a PLUS
- Able to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Must have reliable transportation to and from job sites
- Able to work a 40+ hour work week, including Saturdays and Sundays
- Authorized to work in the United States