Logistics Support Specialist
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
PD Power Systems is seeking a Logistics Support Specialist to add to its product support team. The successful candidate will be a self-starter with a technical communication background. This position will report to the Logistics Engineer.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Write technical procedures for varying audiences using varying source material including engineering drawings, CAD models, and hands-on exposure to equipment.
- Take clear and concise photographs (when allowed by facility) to support technical procedures.
- Perform research on spare/replacement parts from military and commercial sources.
- Perform hands-on validation of technical procedures in a manufacturing environment (perform procedures as written to ensure accuracy).
- Report directly to the logistics engineer and then to the program manager.
Experience and Education
- 2 or 4-year degree in any engineering discipline
- Hands-on technical experience with mechanical/electrical equipment such as vehicles or power generation systems
- Prior experience in technical writing
- Prior experience in any aspect of military Integrated Product Support (IPS)
- MS Office (Word, Excel, Powerpoint)
- Bonus: VBA/automation
- Vector graphics (Coreldraw or Adobe Illustrator)
- Powerlog (military provisioning software)
- XML coding
- Solidworks CAD
- Team player
- Strong time management skills; organized with the ability to multi-task.
- Intensive attention to detail.
This position requires varying amounts of travel depending on the stage of the program. Travel can be estimated at roughly 10%, with the average trip being 1-2 weeks. Typical destinations are Springfield, VA and Aberdeen MD (customer test site).
PD Power Systems is an equal opportunity employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any kind.
PD Power Systems is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and job applicants and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment.
Employment decisions at PD Power Systems are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate.
PD Power Systems LLC
Get fresh Logistics Management Specialist jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.