Engineering Program Manager
- Posted: 9 days ago
Location: Springfield, VA
The Engineering Program Manager is responsible for the overall management, coordination, and performance of work. The successful candidate will be tasked with developing programs to support Power System's strategic direction, as well as creating and managing long term goals. The Engineering Program Manager will also be in charge of developing budgets and operating plans for programs and writing program funding proposals. In order to be successful in this role, you will need to have prior experience in both program management and team management. A Bachelor's degree in mechanical, electrical or systems engineering is required.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Organizing programs and activities in accordance with the mission and goals of Power Systems.
- Developing new programs to support the strategic direction of the organization.
- Creating and managing long-term goals.
- Developing a budget and operating plan for programs.
- Developing an evaluation method to assess program strengths and identify areas for improvement.
- Managing a team with a diverse array of talents and responsibilities.
- Ensuring goals are met in areas including customer satisfaction, safety, quality, and team member performance.
- Implementing and managing changes and interventions to ensure project goals are achieved.
- Meeting with stakeholders to make communication easy and transparent regarding project issues and decisions on services.
- Producing accurate and timely reporting of program status throughout its life cycle.
- Analyzing program risks.
Experience and Education
- Must have Bachelors' or Masters' Degree in mechanical, electrical, or systems engineering.
- 5+ years of experience in field of engineering or product development
- Proven experience as Program Manager.
- Proven stakeholder management skills.
- Proven experience managing a team.
- Competency in Microsoft applications including Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Experience using computers for a variety of tasks.
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to work as a team
- Understanding of project management.
- Must be eligible to receive US security clearance (Note: Must be US citizen to qualify for clearance.)
- Must have received COVID-19 vaccination and booster vaccines by date of hire. Proof of vaccination is required.
- Based on education and experience.
PD Power Systems, LLC. is an equal opportunity employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any kind.
PD Power Systems is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and job applicants and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment.
Employment decisions at PD Power Systems are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate.
#washingtondc #powersystems #engineering #programmanager #springfieldvirginia
PD Power Systems LLC
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?