Technical Content Writer / Corporate Journalist
PD Inc is looking for a Technical Content Writer / Corporate Journalist to join our team in our Baltimore office. This person will be the chief writer for the company, responsible for creating and designing technical documents such as manuals, reports, brochures, or articles.
The ideal candidate is an excellent writer. He/she is able to convey technical concepts in simple, clear language. He/she will also collaborate to create detailed images, charts, or diagrams as needed.
Successful applicants are expected to be fast learners and able to become intimately familiar with the company's product features and functionalities as well as any technical subjects in a short-window.
While the position is based out of our Baltimore offices, we offer hybrid or remote / telecommute work options for qualified candidates.
- Write short, concise, and compelling “stories” on technical topics from the Company’s past and current events (typically from 250 words to 2 pages). These may include:
- corporate blog
- white paper
- trade publications
- new release
- Work in a fast paced environment and shadow highly technical subject matter experts to obtain information for various writing assignments.
- Be proactive in researching, learning, and becoming an expert on a subject.
- Create documentation, guidelines, and instructions for technical programs or software.
- Understand the audience intended for the material and the requirements of the project.
- Collaborate with team members (such as software or hardware engineers) to understand any specific process needed.
- Work with graphic designers to create illustrations, graphs, visual aids or charts to assist the user in understanding the product.
- Must be a U.S. citizen and eligible for U.S. Government Security Clearance
- Bachelor's degree in English, Journalism, Technical Writing, or similar is required
- Excellent communication skills and strong attention to detail
- Proven experience working independently, setting tasks and timelines and meeting those goals
About PD Inc:
PD Inc is a leading high-tech firm as well as an applied think tank and solutions provider. Our team has been providing expertise and solutions to the US Government (Department of Defense, Department of State, Department of Homeland Security, Veterans Affairs, etc.) and to commercial clients for over 20-years.
We perform software development and complex technical implementation daily. We conduct R&D, prototyping, and develop hardware and software solutions for our clients. Our qualified personnel--including engineers and technical managers--are capable of performing system integration, technology implementation, and services throughout the federal government and in the private sector.
We have a highly innovative environment and we foster consistent learning and growth. We encourage our employees to innovate while teaching them discipline and principles.
PD Inc benefits include highly competitive salary, 401K, health care, paid time off, no-limit Student loan forgiveness (merit based), and we sponsor new/qualified employees for Security Clearance.
Employees can also take advantage of casual dress code, free parking, corporate discounts, and gym memberships.
Powered by JazzHR
PD IncBaltimore, MD
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.