PCR Wilton, CT
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Who is Private Client Resources (PCR)?
PCR is a fast growing, dynamic, global FinTech company focused on changing the way wealthy families and their advisors view their financial assets and make financial decisions. PCR delivers a safe, efficient, and scalable technology platform to consolidate and globally share data from thousands of banks, custodians, and fund managers. We are trusted by over 250 firms that span the entire wealth management spectrum including leading global private banks, advisors, wealthy families, and wealth-tech firms.
What is the Development Manager Role?
The Development Manager is responsible for directing a global team driving the ongoing development of our wealth management data aggregation solutions. This creative and energized team leverages modern parallel and distributed computing architectures to differentiate the company's solutions. The role is responsible for negotiating priorities across client, product and operations stakeholders and delivering high-quality change at the committed velocity. Most importantly, the Development Manager is responsible for fostering a culture that attracts and retains the best team members.
What will my mission statement be?
Deliver a repeatable and predictable process of innovation that produces great software that is responsive to the needs of our clients, internal teams and strategic product vision.
What tools and processes will I have to accomplish my mission?
- Mature product and client requirement process (Jira/Confluence)
- Well managed sprint process (Jira/GIT)
- Automated test platform with high coverage (Zephr)
- Continuous integration across environments (Jira/GIT/Devops)
What is the technology stack?
- Microsoft Azure, Azure SQL, C##, React Framework, APIM, Functional Computing
What would my day look like?
- 30% supporting team solutioning and prioritization
- 20% working with stakeholders to understand and negotiate priorities
- 20% building team performance and engagement
- 20% supporting client escalations and client on-boarding needs
- 10% recruitment and team development
What is the nature of the team I will be overseeing?
You will lead the Development Team across the US (12), Netherlands (3) and report to the CTO. There is a mix of both front-end and back-end developers in both locations. You will be responsible for assessing the best team structure and geographic deployment needed to meet our goals and executing on hiring plans needed to staff this function properly.
What would be my specific responsibilities?
- Lead a team of 15-20 developers in US (50%); Netherlands (20%); near shore (30%)
- Promote team adherence to the Company's SDLC
- Inspire architecture first and policy driven design and policy driven design
- Ensure secure application design to manage and maintain data security and integrity.
- Help communication upward as well as throughout project teams.
- Utilize practices of best-case packaged software release management.
- Mentor team leads to implement best practices.
- Prepare schedules, report status as well as make hiring decisions.
- Participate in interviewing as well as hiring final decisions.
- Guide and provide input to all strategic as well as technical planning for entire software projects.
What are the skills I must demonstrate to be successful?
- BA/BS degree in computer science or related degree
- 10-15 years' experience managing software development teams
- Experience in commercial software product development
- Knowledge of enterprise scale architecture and clients
- Proven team builder across the hiring and team development spectrum
- Passion for working with business teams to produce business solutions
- Process and metric driven
- Strong multi-tasking, problem solving, interpersonal, and communication skills.
- Effective at problem solving, communicating expectations, and follow-through.
What experience will set me apart for this role?
- Experience in the wealth management industry
- Specific experience at a wealth tech provider like PCR
- Experience with Microsoft Azure development framework (PaaS, SaaS, APIM, DevOps)
- Client facing experience
- Product development experience
What opportunities for advancement do I have?
The leadership skills that the Development Manager displays will be valued across the organization. Advancement into more senior roles across the firm will present themselves with the growth of the organization.
Am I required to work in the office?
PCR has adopted a flexible work policy that recognizes the major change in how teams collaborate. This role allows you to work remotely on a part time basis.
Why choose to Work at PCR?
While established, PCR's culture is more closely aligned to one of a startup. We value self-starters, learners, contributors, and creators that thrive on continuous improvement. We are also committed to an environment that appreciates the personal and professional objectives of our team members and foster a culture of listening and inclusion.
PCR is invested in the success of its employees. Employees are empowered through the company's values to build trust, exhibit passion and to be team players. Through diversity and inclusion our employees bring different experiences and views that will drive innovation and collaboration that will benefit each other, our clients, partners, and stakeholders. We are committed to providing our employees with competitive compensation and benefits, training, opportunity for advancement, flexibility and work life balance and a safe place to work.
PCR is an Equal Opportunity Employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any kind: All employment decisions at PCR are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to national, social or ethnic origin, sex, age, physical, mental or sensory disability, sexual orientation, marital status, past or present military service, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate.
TechnologyView all jobs at PCR