SQL Application Support Developer
The Application Support Developer (ASD) uses skills as a seasoned and experienced member of the team. Leveraging industry practices, company polices and best practices. The ASD is responsible for ensuring that applications operate efficiently and execute successfully to meet client and business needs. This position involves production support, data research, code analysis and development work with an emphasis on Microsoft SQL Server database environments. The ASD would follow application support development in alignment with the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC). The ASD will be an advocate for and champion of Change Management policies and procedures to ensure application changes are reviewed and approved before implementation. This position is a critical role in support of the Manger, Applications Development along with the Application Development team. Reinforcement of design, implementation, project and documentation standards are essential. Key responsibilities are support of existing applications, which includes ensuring application support processes are well documented, triage of issues, determining root cause and working with the user base
- Collaboration with business unit end users to ensure an excellent application support experience, including clear and effective communications, documentation of support issues, and execution of issue resolutions, while reinforcing application support standards.
- Analysis and resolution of application support issues including code analysis, data research and development work, including coordination with Infrastructure and Development teams to ensure that solutions are in alignment with supported technologies.
- Application evaluation, improvement and documentation
- Administrative task specific to ticket management, time management, forms, spreadsheets, calendaring and structured efficiencies.
- Documents and reports on application performance,
- Collaborates with other developers facilitating cross-training and escalation of issues when resolutions exceed application support SLAs
- Applies system analysis techniques to determine resolution requirements for application support tissues
- Report weekly to team and management top priority issues and opportunities
A proven ability and passion to solve problems using critical thinking, analysis, and development skills.
2-5 years in Microsoft SQL Server development; Stored Procedures; T-SQL; SSIS; SSRS.
Front-end development including VB.NET; Microsoft Access/VBA.
Experience with industry standard Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) processes.
Strong verbal and written communication skills resulting in exceptional customer service
Nice to Have:
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Exceptional customer service, and interpersonal skills
- Effective problem-solving and influencing skills
- Strong organizational, self-motivation, and decision-making skills
- Proficiency using Microsoft programs (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Ability to manage multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively, as needed
- Service orientation
- Ethical practice and confidentiality
Degree Requirement:No, desired