Data Engineer - Remote
- Posted: over a month ago
Pendrick Capital Partners is a leader in helping U.S. healthcare providers manage their receivables. With a core belief of practicing a patient-first mindset, Pendrick is the best-in-class revenue cycle management partner with over 10-years of experience purchasing outstanding receivables. Pendrick’s recognized compliance program offers an unparalleled degree of risk reduction for our healthcare industry partners while increasing returns on patient responsibility balances.
As a Data Scientist at Pendrick Capital Partners, you’ll help us make better and faster decisions than ever before. We use the latest in cloud, analytical, and machine learning technologies to unlock big opportunities for the company’s executives. We have big goals for the next few years, and we could use your help to design, architect, and implement solutions that meet our growing needs for rapid and cutting-edge analytics and forecasting.
This role is for you if:
- You have built machine learning models through all phases of development, from design through training, evaluation, validation, and implementation and can explain your decisions in a simple and concise way to non-technical experts,
- You know how to strike the right balance between sharing your expertise and listening to others’ ideas, and
- You love to learn how to apply cutting-edge technologies in a way that drives value for business decisions and can leverage several technologies and languages — SQL, R, AWS, Spark, and more — to reveal the insights hidden within huge volumes of transaction data,
The Ideal Candidate is:
- A big data wrangler. You have the skills to retrieve, combine, and analyze data from a variety of sources and structures, preferably using Spark and other open source technologies.
- Technical. You’ve worked with open-source languages, you know how to develop reusable code, and you are passionate about continuing to improve. You have hands-on experience developing data science solutions using open-source tools and cloud computing platforms.
- Statistically-minded. You’ve built models, validated them, and monitored them post-deployment. You know how to interpret a ROC curve and partial dependence plots. You have experience with multivariate linear and nonlinear models as well as unsupervised approaches including clustering, classification, and anomaly detection.
- Forward-thinking. You know how to promote a culture of technical excellence and look for opportunities to reuse robust, resilient solutions wherever possible.
- Bachelor’s Degree plus 2 years of experience in data analytics in the workplace, or Master’s Degree plus 1 year in data analytics in the workplace, or PhD
- At least 1 year of experience in open source programming languages for large-scale data analysis (preferably R)
- At least 1 year of experience with machine learning
- At least 1 year of experience with relational databases
- Languages: Python & SQL required. C++ and R
- Master’s Degree in “STEM” field (Science, Technology, Engineering, or Mathematics) plus 3 years of experience in data analytics, or Ph.D. in “STEM” field (Science, Technology, Engineering, or Mathematics)
- At least 1 year working in financial, healthcare, or collections services
- At least 1 year of experience working with AWS
- At least 2 years experience in Spark/Databricks/Scala or R
- At least 2 years experience with machine learning
- At least 3 years experience with SQL
- Git, Docker, Serverless, Lambda, ECS, AWS CLI, Boto3
- Experience with consumer finance data is a plus
For more information about Pendrick Capital Partners, please visit our website at https://www.pendrickcp.com/
this is a remote position
TechnologyView all jobs at PCP