We are a consulting firm that specializes in outsourced accounting, Controller and CFO services. Due to our rapid growth, we are seeking an accounting / tax associate with experience in QuickBooks Online, BNA Tax Planner, and preparation of 1040s, 1120s, 1120S and 1065s to join our team as a senior accounting associate. Ideal candidate will either have a CPA certificate or be working toward one.
Overall Job Description:
As a senior accounting associate, you will be responsible for a portfolio of our clients and will be the primary contact with the client regarding accounting and bookkeeping issues. You will be responsible for supervising one or two bookkeepers and for ensuring the quality and timeliness of their work. In addition to tax projections and tax return preparation
- Manage bookkeeping, ensuring bookkeeping staff is meeting client deadlines
- Act as the accounting contact for our clients.
- Ensure standardization of bookkeeping protocols across all clients that you manage.
- Maintain customer closing schedules and ensure deadlines are being met
- Book monthly journal entries, calculate accruals and perform other senior-level bookkeeping responsibilities.
- Review client's financials at month-end for bookkeeping accuracy and reasonableness.
- Prepare Tax Returns and Projections
- 2+ years of accounting experience, preferable in a CPA firm or multiple small businesses
- Bachelor's degree in accounting, CPA preferred
- 1+ years of full-charge bookkeeping experience using QuickBooks
- 2+ years working in small businesses (5-50 employees)
- Personable, ability to effectively communicate with entrepreneurial clients.
- Team player-- ability to get along with others, take and give feedback to the team
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to handle multiple clients and self-prioritize workloads