The Pharmacy Technician interfaces with the psychiatric and clinical treatment teams to ensure that clients’ medication needs are met. During weekly psychiatry appointments the Pharmacy Technician will be present to assist the psychiatrist, provide relevant information from clinical records and clinical team, accurately record client’s current medications, and ensure refills are ordered and delivered as prescribed.
The Pharmacy Technician will facilitate medication related communications between client, clinical staff, and psychiatry. As requested by the client and/or staff, the Pharmacy Technician will help to schedule any necessary medical appointments and follow-ups, as well as coordinate appointments via the Operations Department. The Pharmacy Technician also is expected to assist in obtaining previous medical records and/or collateral information to be used by psychiatry and clinical staff. The Pharmacy Technician will oversee the urine drug screen process by interfacing with program directors to determine who should be tested, tracking test results, and communicating results to all interested.
- Help health care providers and patients by greeting them in person and by phone; answering questions and requests; referring inquiries to the pharmacist.
- Maintain pharmacy inventory by checking pharmaceutical stock to determine inventory level; anticipating needed medications and supplies; placing and expediting orders; verifying receipt; removing outdated drugs.
- Maintain a safe and clean psychiatry area by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations.
- Protect clients and employees by adhering to infection-control policies and protocols.
- Organize medications, orders and prescriptions
- Maintain client records by recording and filing physicians' orders and prescriptions.
- Ensure medication availability by delivering medications to clients and anticipating prescription refill needs
- Prepare reports by collecting and summarizing information.
- Monitor clients’ physical and emotional well-being and report unusual behavior, side effects or physical ailments to medical staff
- Help coordinate weekly psychiatry schedules
- Collect biological specimens from patients including urine drug screens
- Obtain collateral information/medical records
- Schedule medical appointments and follow-ups
- Maintain medical records
- Must be licensed as a Pharmacy Technician
- Must have a minimum of 1-year previous experience in Psychiatric or Psychological Care
- Basic understanding of Psychopharmacology, medications, side effects and drug testing