We are looking for RELIABLE, ENERGETIC and FUN summer school English and math teachers/instructors for our 6th-12th grade students in Newport News, VA. We have multiple openings for this exciting SUMMER program. You must be available to work in person or virtually as needed with the local schools, and be comfortable working under necessary health protocols to keep our instructors and students safe.
Contract length: July-August (Exact Dates TBD)
1. Lessons focused on the areas of reading, math, leadership, STEM, communication, and team building
2. Have good classroom management skills. Safety and behavioral management of a classroom of 10-12 students.
3. Effectively manages student classroom behavior to ensure all students are fully engaged in learning.
4. Maintains a safe and effective environment for academic instruction and/or enrichment activities.
5. Delivers high-quality instruction in assigned academic or enrichment content areas which is developmentally appropriate; differentiates instruction to meet individual student needs.
1. Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree
2. Valid teaching license preferred but not required
3. Minimum of one year of experience working with middle school or high school students as a tutor or teacher.
4. Must be comfortable tutoring virtually using a desktop or laptop.
5. Must be able to tutor secondary English or math depending on specialty.
Public Consulting Group, Inc. (PCG) provides management consulting and technology services to help public sector education, health, human services, and other government clients achieve their performance goals and better serve populations in need.
Founded in 1986 and headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts, PCG has more than 600 professionals in 26 offices around the U.S. and in Montreal, Canada. The firm draws on more than two decades of consulting to public sector clients in all 50 states and Canada to deliver best-practice solutions and measurable results to state and local public agencies, state-operated facilities, and private providers that do business with government agencies.
PCG is committed to a diverse workforce which is a reflection of our clients and the people they serve. Our organizational culture attracts and rewards people who are results-oriented and interested in making an immediate impact on their community as well as their own career.
Veterans and military spouses with bachelor degrees are highly encouraged to apply.