**Tutors can be located in any US location - this is a remote position**
University Instructors is seeking virtual tutors to support our K12 students with virtual tutoring experience. The tutor will be responsible for managing and responding to multiple chat sessions providing exceptional instruction, student mentorship and subject matter expertise on Math, Science, English, and Social Studies subjects.
- Familiarity with virtual learning platforms and course content, structure, style within math, science, English, and social studies subjects (Tutors will receive training on the virtual platform).
- Engage with students in a friendly and professional manner requesting information about the course, activity, and/or specific content so they can quickly serve the student’s needs.
- Respond to student questions in a positive, supportive manner, giving as detailed explanations as possible.
- Guide the student through content and/or process without answering the question for them.
- Be vigilant to signs that the student is asking for help on assessment (quizzes and test) questions and setting the expectation with students that tutors will not confirm answers but can help clarify what the assessment questions is asking, provide parallel problems, or guide the student back to course content.
- Redirect students to appropriate to their teacher (when applicable) for questions relating to their specific course.
- Seek guidance from the chat advisors/program manager by escalating content questions and sharing chat transcripts for evaluation and feedback.
- Other duties as assigned
Job Qualifications and Requirements:
- Adheres to the professional teaching obligations and be a subject matter expert.
- Fosters a positive and motivating environment for students.
- Provide student feedback in a manner that supports learning.
- Actively listens and delivers information in a clear, compelling and concise manner.
- Attention to detail when typing with minimal spelling, punctuation, and grammatical errors.
- Ability to multitask between multiple windows, students, and courses.
- Regular and predictable attendance.
Education and/or Experience:
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree
- Minimal of one year experience tutoring in a classroom setting
- Teaching license is a plus
- Strong technical expertise. Must be familiar with using a computer and have experience with chat rooms
Public Consulting Group, Inc. (PCG) provides management consulting and technology services to help public sector education, health, human services, and other government clients achieve their performance goals and better serve populations in need.
Founded in 1986 and headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts, PCG has more than 600 professionals in 26 offices around the U.S. and in Montreal, Canada. The firm draws on more than two decades of consulting to public sector clients in all 50 states and Canada to deliver best-practice solutions and measurable results to state and local public agencies, state-operated facilities, and private providers that do business with government agencies.
PCG is committed to a diverse workforce which is a reflection of our clients and the people they serve. Our organizational culture attracts and rewards people who are results-oriented and interested in making an immediate impact on their community as well as their own career.
Veterans and military spouses with bachelor degrees are highly encouraged to apply.