Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Facilitate teachers’ understanding and implementation of the State Standards and the district’s Instructional Framework by developing and executing effective instructional planning sessions through collaborative learning practices, observations and feedback.
2. Support learning, growth, and achievement of teachers by effectively employing transformational coaching cycles with a student-learning focus that gradually release responsibility for implementing instructional practices to the teacher.
3. Develop on-going communications with building-level Instructional Support Facilitator to determine district and campus instructional requirements including use of Document Based Questioning, iReady sessions, Testlets, and assessment schedules.
4. Collaborate with Special Education teachers and staff to ensure special needs students have a seamless learning experience in regular classroom and pull-out or push-in programs.
5. Model lessons which include best instructional practices, depth of content knowledge, and classroom behavioral strategies.
6. Consistently analyze teacher practice through ongoing classroom observations, data analysis, and examination of student work
7. Provide clear and direct feedback to teachers based on analysis of practice and review of data.
8. Develop teachers’ capacity to collect and analyze multiple sources of data to improve student learning.
9. Work with district coordinators to schedule and plan a program of professional development.
10. Assist the teacher with planning and conducting grade level / content area team meetings
11. Provide technical assistance and support to principals and teachers.
12. Coordinate selection and organization of appropriate instructional and professional resources.
13. Conduct research to identify best instructional practices to share with principals and teachers.
14. Coach the teacher on how to monitor the progress of at-risk students and in developing remediation plans, including utilization of Small Group instruction in ELA and Math.
15. Establish and maintain open and professional communication with teachers and principals.
16. Comply with district policies, as well as state and federal laws and regulations.
17. Must be able to perform the essential functions of walking and interacting with students and/or district employees in the specific work site assigned (classroom or office setting).
18. Complete timecard daily and accurately in Paycom, including appropriate notes in comment section
19. Complete other duties as required and assigned
- Maintain positive relations and rapport with School District, Program Coordinator and internal staff.
- Communicate regularly with supervisor to update them on progress, potential problems, and program concerns.
- Complete other duties as required and assigned.
Knowledge and Skills:
- A passion for helping teachers succeed is required.
- Full understanding of Transformational Coaching practices and skills.
- A proven track record of student achievement.
- Effective oral and written communication skills, excellent interpersonal skills, strong computer skills, and solid organizational skills are required.
Education and Work Experience:
- Minimum of a Master's Degree.
- Minimum of three years’ mentoring and coaching experience and successful coordination of educational programs.
- Current teaching certification.
- Minimum of five years of success teaching experience.
Contract Length and Work Location
- Location and hours per week to be determined by individual assignment.
- Hours are determined by amount of “Face to face” contact with teachers and staff.