NOC Engineer (junior)- Transmission/ Mid-Senior/ on-site - Immediate Start available
Location: Herndon, VA
JOIN A LEADING GLOBAL GROUP POWERED BY AMBITIOUS PEOPLE WHO ARE TRULY PASSIONATE ABOUT DELIVERING THE BEST IN EVERYTHING THEY DO
The NOC Engineer - Transmission is responsible for timely identification/resolution of Cable system, Transmission network and VIP customized transmission network faults and outages as well as supporting the overall PCCW Global Network Operations Center mission.
SOME OF YOUR TASKS WILL INCLUDE:
- To perform 7 x 24 round the clock front line duties and to attend customer service reports, perform fault isolation and diagnostic function.
- Investigate network bearers and customer circuit alarms generated from the Network Management and Surveillance Alarm Monitoring Systems for PCCW Global Transmission bearer, DWDM and SDH transmission network and submarine cable system network
- Support first-line maintenance and fault diagnostic on transmission/submarine network equipment fault and coordinate with transmission engineering team to arrange faulty equipment replacement
- Run Bit Error Rate and RFC2544 test for transmission network fault finding and verify the connectivity performance
- Service Assurance/Restoration for PCCW Global DWDM and SDH transmission network and core submarine cable system network
- To identify and resolve customized transmission network problem in coordinate with internal and external parties for smooth execution of jobs in order to ensure an integrated and uninterrupted service is maintained.
- Record down all remedy actions taken in the course of fault management, timelines of progress and reason of outage in the ticket system
- Carry out Network Operation Center routine jobs as per predefined procedures and work instructions from the NOC Manager
- To carry out circuit acceptance test for network trunk and bearer and update associated inventory databases on installation, changes and recovery.
- To comply and act accordance with PCCW Global GSOC information security policy and PCCW Group policies on Personal Data Privacy (PCO-POL-01E & PCO-POL-01E -02E).
THE SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATE WILL HAVE:
- High Diploma/ Degree holder or above in Electronic/Information Technology Engineering with 2-4 years related experience OR
- Higher Certificate in Electronic/Electrical Engineering or City & Guild Full Technological Certificate with 2-4 years relevant experience in datacom
- Good knowledge in the operations of various datacom equipment as well as telecom services.
- Customer-oriented, good initiative, self-motivated and able to work under pressure.
Reasons why you should join us!
- Opportunity to work in a global organisation and ride the wave of an exponentially growing business
- An agile working environment with the opportunity to test, try and grow
- Access to a leading training facility, enabling you to develop your skills and career
- Working in international, cross-functional teams.
- A fun and open team culture.
- A dynamic and fast-paced yet financially stable environment.
We appreciate all applications, but only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview. Thank you for your interest in PCCW Global & Console Connect. And strictly no agency calls or agency CV submissions.
PCCW Global is a leading telecommunications provider. We provide a Network-as-a-Service (NaaS) platform to businesses across the world, making it easier for them to interconnect their clouds, applications and devices. We're at the forefront of an exciting shift towards network automation, and our people are at the heart of our journey.
Although we're a truly global organisation, we're proud to say we've maintained a close-knit and supportive culture and our highly experienced colleagues are leaders in their field.
*** No visa sponsorship is available for this position ***
PCCW is an equal-opportunity employer and welcomes applications from all qualified candidates. Information provided will be treated in strict confidence and will only be used for recruitment-related purposes. Personal data provided by job applicants will be used strictly in accordance with the employer's personal data policies, a copy of which will be provided immediately upon request.
Privacy Statement (http://www.pccw.com/staticfiles/PCCWCorpsite/Terms%20of%20Use/Privacy%20Policy%20Statement/(PCCW)%20HR%20Privacy%20Policy%20Statement%20(version%20-%20Nov%202017).pdf)
Ref ID: 47570
PCCW LTDHerndon, VA
Get fresh NOC Engineer (junior)- Transmission/ Mid-Senior/ on-site - Immediate Start available jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.