We are currently seeking a member of the Pharmacy Leadership Team. If you are interested in joining a growing company with a great culture, exceptional employee benefits and driven by servant leaders, this is the place for you!
Ensures operations are conducted within budget parameters while maintaining a high level of customer service to all customers and team members. Responsible for strategic decisions to determine appropriate operational staffing levels, new business, technology enhancements to improve efficiency, scheduling of licensed staff and regulatory guidelines and controls.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Maintains appropriate staffing levels to ensure operation runs smoothly within budget guidelines.
2. Develops staff and provides training and development as needed.
3. Manages pharmacy staffing including hiring, evaluations, discipline and separation. Monitors and approves payroll.
4. Ensures appropriate coverage of licensed staff as required by the Board of Pharmacy. Develops schedule for coverage by the week/month.
5. Ensures all prescriptions are input, filled and dispensed accurately, timely and within budget.
6. Identifies and evaluates technology to improve efficiency of operations.
7. Directs workflow, identifies problem areas and implements process improvements.
8. Partners with Customer Service team to resolves all service issues in a timely manner.
9. Works with Billing to ensure prior authorization/refills are handled in a manner that minimizes uncollected revenue. Implements processes and develops training as needed.
10. Directs purchasing, including drugs and supplies. Manages inventory to budget.
11. Functions as a Pharmacist as needed.
12. Serves as operational liaison to Leadership team; resolves conflicting priorities.
13. Provides leadership and direction to build an effective team, including the development of improvement to performance.
14. Protects patients and employees by adhering to infection-control protocols.
15. Minimal travel including overnight stay as necessary
16. Recruits, screens, selects, hires, trains, coaches, counsels and develops a team of qualified and highly motivated individuals.
17. Meets Expectations of Excellence for position.
18. Supports pharmacy, departmental goals and the overall objectives of the Company.
19. Complies with all laws, regulations and standards of ethical conduct.
20. Performs all job duties with a friendly positive and team-oriented approach.
21. Maintains required licenses or certifications in good standing with the State.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
· Pharmacy operational systems.
· Laws, legal codes, court procedures, precedents, government regulations, executive orders and agency rules.
· Federal and state regulations, facility policies, procedures and programs related to pharmacy services.
· Compliance with external regulatory agencies and organizations for all areas of of responsibility.
· Interpersonal and analytical skills; gathering and compiling information and analyzing and adjusting discrepancies.
· Ongoing development of a servant leadership culture that strives to achieve the highest ethical standards.
· Project management from conception to evaluation, with the ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously and adhere to deadlines.
· Organizational and time management skills to prioritize workflow and ensure duties and projects are completed by deadlines.
· Business Development in alternative markets to compliment business model.
· Communicate effectively, both orally and in writing and identify and recommend solutions to problems.
· Meet deadlines, prioritize and deliver quality results in a time sensitive environment.
· Review and analyze information, while using critical thinking skills to evaluate data for care plan compliance
· Maintain confidentiality and professional discretion.
· Generate of use different sets of rules for combining or grouping things in different ways.
· Effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, and customers.
· Organize, manage, prioritize and track multiple detailed tasks with efficiency with strong attention to detail.
· Work independently, as well as collaboratively, within a team environment.
· Provide a high level of customer service in a calm and professional manner.
· Pharmacy Degree or Doctor of Pharmacy is required.
· MBA is preferred.
· North American Pharmacist Licensure Exam (NAPLEX)
· Multistate Pharmacy Jurisprudence Exam (MPJE)
· Three (3) to five (5) years’ experience in a pharmacy environment in a Healthcare, Community Based, Mail Order, Alternative Market Setting Required.
· Three (3) to five (5) years’ high-volume Pharmacy and multi-level packaging systems
· Exemplary computer skills that include knowledge of the Microsoft Office Suite of products
cumple con las leyes federales de derechos civiles aplicables y no discrimina por motivos de raza, color, nacionalidad, edad, discapacidad o sexo.
Job Type: Full-time
PCA Pharmacy is an Ancillary division of Trilogy Health Services, which is an award winning company that is leading the way in employee benefits, professional development, personal wellness and recognition. We invite you to learn more about our unique culture and the exciting opportunities that exist within our organization.
Why Work Here?Headquartered in Louisville, Kentucky, PCA Pharmacy has served long-term care and institutional healthcare facilities since 1994. With the guiding imperative to meet and exceed the resident’s needs, PCA partners with personal/skilled care or assisted living facilities to address the unique pharmacy needs of their residents through specialized clinical and operational support services. Quality is not a goal; it is our basic operating tenet. Exceptional professional service and personal concern are our commitments. PCA Pharmacy is an Ancillary division of Trilogy Health Services, which is an award winning company that is leading the way in employee benefits, professional development, personal wellness and recognition. We invite you to learn more about our unique culture and the exciting opportunities that exist within our organization. We offer a competitive compensation and benefits package including: Competitive Salaries - Weekly Pay! Paid vacation Generous Benefits Educational Assistance Programs Quarterly employee recognition ceremonies And much more!
Benefits offered on Day One and competitive pay!