Surveyor - Dredge Wallace McGeorge
PBSGC Marine Group Little Rock, AR
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Experience with working in a marine environment on the inland waterway and especially the Mississippi River is required. Will consist of severe duty marine conditions including inclement weather. Competitive wage commensurate with experience and a competitive benefit package available after waiting period which includes health, wellness, dental, Rx, and life insurance, as well as 401k retirement plan. Dredge quarters are very accommodating including air conditioning and satellite TV. Dredge has newly remodeled common areas, quarters, and baths. Dredge offers workout equipment and big screen TV in common room adjacent to galley. Dredge spends most of the dredging season between Baton Rouge, LA and New Orleans, LA. Successful applicant must be available for consistent duty and report primarily from Memphis, TN south. Dredge spends high water in Memphis, TN.
- Must have computer skills and be able to operate Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Publisher, Microsoft Explorer, Hypack Survey Software, Hypack Office Software, and Hypack DredgePak Software.
- Must be able to troubleshoot computer and associated equipment problems and make necessary adjustments and or repairs to ensure that the dredge positioning equipment is able to show dredge position and dredging depth.
- Must be able to operate and maintain survey vessel in a safe manner while performing hydrographic surveys on the Mississippi River and any other bodies of water that deem necessary.
- Must be able to read and understand maps, charts, and plots.
- Must be able to calibrate GPS, ladder sensor, and hydrographic sounding devices to ensure accurate positioning of dredge and to obtain accurate surveys.
- Must be able to communicate with U.S. Army Corps of Engineers to obtain dredging orders and specific information to complete dredging assignments.
- Must be able to communicate with pilothouse personnel to ensure that they know the specifics of the dredging assignment and for them to be aware of any and all possible situations that are known in that area.
- Must be able to complete electronic daily reports for Pine Bluff Sand & Gravel and the Corps of Engineers.
- Ability and willingness to work 14 days consecutively working and living on the dredge and shift off for 7 consecutive days.
- Must have ability and willingness to work 12 hours per day for a total of 84 hours per week.
- Flexibility and willingness to work extended duty or "hitch" as work and conditions require.
- Ability and willingness to do manual labor.
- Ability to climb ladders, stairs, and perform repetitive bending and stooping when required. 14. Must complete on-boarding physical and exertion function test with physical therapist after acceptance of offer to evaluate ability to meet the essential functions of the position and qualify for employment.
- Must be comfortable working over and adjacent to water and possess ability to swim and participate in water rescue.
- Must be motivated and a self starter.
- Must be a good communicator and possess ability and willingness to live on the dredge with dredge crew.
- Must possess interpersonal skills to work closely with all Dredge personnel and report to Civil Engineer.
- Must have valid driver's license
- Must have either high school diploma or equivalent.
Pine Bluff Sand & Gravel Company - Louisiana Marine is an Equal Opportunity Employer and takes Affirmative Action for Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled
Job Posted by ApplicantPro