- Expired: August 03, 2022. Applications are no longer accepted.
ABOUT THE JOB
Creators and designers are invited to apply for this unique graphic design opportunity. This role offers the chance to design for a variety of projects, events and initiatives across ALL digital media platforms. We are seeking a Creative who will design and implement our visual branding for Lehigh Valley Public Media as well as local specials, series, and projects. Picture yourself telling stories through visuals that help to inform, inspire, and grow our audience. You'll take conceptual ideas and create compelling graphics and layouts, both in print and electronic media. The successful Creative will have knowledge of current design trends and software and is skilled with every step of the design process from concept to final deliverable.
We're a growing public media company that owns the Lehigh Valley's Emmy Award-winning PBS television station (PBS39) and the region's only "all day, every day" NPR news radio station in the region. We have announced that we are developing a digital news platform and a key responsibility for this role will be to support this new platform while also supporting the growth of our audience for both our media stations (TV/Radio) and educational outreach efforts in our community. As a public media organization, we have an obligation to our community to keep the public informed, inspired and engaged.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Execute specific creative deliverables as assigned.
- Provide design support to the Development marketing team.
- Responsible for executing the PBS39 monthly program guide.
- Manage all digital marketing platforms (web pages, etc.).
- Create and size visuals for digital assets as needed for web, social media, and mobile.
- Execute creative needs for email marketing campaigns.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATES ARE:
- Creative problem solvers and visual storytellers
- Excellent communicators
- Proficient with design software, including Adobe Creative Suite (Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign).
- Proficient with email marketing campaign software (ie- Piano or similar).
THE IDEAL CANDIDATES HAVE:
- Bachelor's degree in Graphic Design or equivalent experience and at least 1 year of prior graphic design experience, preferably in an agency or non-profit environment.
- Experience with Adobe Premiere (preferred.)
- Experience with Content Management Systems (ie- Brightspot or similar).
- Working knowledge of UX and Web Development software, including Figma, Invision, Zeplin, and/or Sketch a plus.
- Proven graphic designing experience
- A strong portfolio of illustrations or other graphics
- A keen eye for aesthetics and details
- A portfolio (required for this position)
WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT FROM US
- Pay you within a range of $45,000 to $50,000 annually to start with annual merit increase eligibility.
- An excellent benefits package that includes 401(k) with match, medical, dental and vision insurances, free telemedicine, paid time off with no cap, disability and life insurance, and more
- You'll play an important role in building a marketing communications department from the ground up and establishing a culture that spurs creativity, allows for flexibility and operates at the highest levels of trust and integrity.
- Professional growth through mentorship, individual direction, training and leadership development
- Connection with our industry through conferences and professional associations
- An environment that is supportive, respectful, inclusive, professional, and evolving
- A commitment to diversity and inclusivity in our workplace to help us represent the voices of our community
Please provide a cover letter, resume and any materials that are reflective of your graphic design skills.
PBS39 and 91.3 WLVR highly encourages candidates with unique contributions such as ethnicity, race, sex, gender identity, nation of origin, age, language, veteran status, color, religion, disability, and sexual orientation to apply to our openings. PBS39 and 91.3 WLVR is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes everyone to our team.
This position is based in Bethlehem, PA and residency in or near the Lehigh Valley is a requirement within the first three months of hire date. Vaccination for COVID-19 is required to enter our studio and offices and to represent the organization in public.Employment Type: FULL_TIME
PBS39 and 91.3 WLVR
839 Sesame StBethlehem, PA
Arts and EntertainmentView all jobs at PBS39 and 91.3 WLVR