Low Voltage/Technology Designer/RCDD/BICSI
Low Voltage/Technology Designer/RCDD/BICSI
PBS Engineers – Mechanical, Electrical, and Plumbing Consulting Engineers
We are looking to change the industry and need your help.
Are you a dynamic individual looking for challenges all while growing professionally? PBS Engineers is looking to add these dynamic individuals to its team to help it provide an unparalleled level of service to its clients. If your passion is collaboration and the desire to serve your clients with engineering service that is top-notch – you are meant to be a part of the PBS Team. As a dynamic engineering firm with a commitment to quality and excellence, we see our team as a family and are committed to the professional development of each individual.
PBS Engineers operates with an uncompromising dedication to serving clients through superior engineering that has gained PBS significant experience in diverse market segments. Our team spans across four Southern California offices, Glendora (Headquarters), San Diego, Orange County, Houston and Los Angeles. All engineers work shoulder-to-shoulder with our Principals and provide a personalized level of service to each of our clients. The PBS “Family” has created an office environment that is like no other. The employee’s well being and satisfaction is one of PBS Engineer’s core mission. By investing in our engineers, the team is able to work in concert to continue to make PBS Engineers an industry leader in the consulting engineering industry. We are ready to start investing in you to make you an industry leader along with us.
Visit www.pbsengineers.com for more information on our dynamic team.
Roles and Responsibilities
Effectively manage Low Voltage (Structural Cabling, AV, and Security Systems) and multi-discipline projects by satisfying clients' needs, meeting budget expectations and project schedules. Interact with facility and major business clients to identify their requirements, define project scope, and prepare project proposals. Prepare building low voltage engineering designs for Structured Cabling, Access Control Systems, CCTV, voice (POTS and VoIP) and data systems, communications room layout, and building infrastructure for low-voltage systems. Provide support during construction phases and be a quick thinker to solve potential issues and obstacles in the field.
This is an individual contributor hands-on designer role.
- The successful candidate will use client directives, site-specific design criteria and apply engineering principals and skills to prepare design of low-voltage and telecommunications systems, equipment, components, and products for commercial and industrial purposes and assist in developing bid and contract documents.
- Candidate will be instrumental in designing and producing plans and documents including voice, data, structured cabling (horizontal and vertical), audio visual, security, access control, intrusion detection, and other low-voltage systems, including inside and outside plant.
- Coordinate system scope, design layout and drawings with client and other disciplines.
- Perform telecommunications, low voltage systems analysis and develop appropriate system concepts, layouts, and details.
- Oversee projects from inception through final transition working with senior management, client and subcontractors ensuring the schedules, and resources remain in check
- Prepare technical specifications.
- Knowledge of NEC, IEEE, EIA, TIA, industry standards and other applicable codes related to the design and layout of low voltage and telecommunications systems.
- This position may also entail work with engineers to preparing schedules, budgets and status reports.
- Prepares layout prints for supervisor or client
- 7+ years of related electrical and communications design / engineering experience on commercial and industrial multi-use buildings.
- Recent experience working for a consulting engineer or engineer/architectural firm designing Low Voltage systems for facilities/buildings.
- Revit® experience: 8-out-of-10 Skill Level.
- Proficient in use of AutoCAD MEP 2015 or more recent version.
- Able to do own design engineering and own CAD/Revit® work.
- Experience with existing building renovations and tenant improvements.
- Ability to solve complex design problems.
- Ability to communicate effectively with people through oral presentations and written communications.
- Ability to motivate multiple-discipline project teams in meeting client's needs in a timely manner and meeting budget objectives.
- Ability to work well under pressure, juggle, and prioritize multiple projects.
- Strong organizational skills, detail-oriented, creative, self-motivated, and enthusiastic.
- Strong interpersonal skills and experience in maintaining strong client relationships are required.
- Computer literacy including all core applications and ability to quickly learn as needed.
- RCDD Preferred; OSP and NTS a plus
- Building Industry Consulting Service International (BICSI) Member desired
- REVIT and AUTOCAD experience preferred
- Design-build experience is a plus
- 4+ years of Project Management experience preferred
Pay and Benefits
- Full-Time Career Position with Highly Competitive Pay that includes a 401(k) with corporate matching.
- Excellent Full Benefits Package: We provide you with the benefits and flexibility that will help you and your family to stay healthy, enjoy quality time off, and provide for your financial future.
- A highly sought-after work environment which fosters creativity and growth.
- Growth potential within the company that’s unique within our industry.
- A commitment to Teamwork, Innovation, and Employee Satisfaction
- Hybrid work schedule.
- Relocation assistance available, moving package allowance to be evaluated per case basis.
PBS Engineers, Inc.Glendora, CA
How can the hiring manager reach you?
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.