Accounting Manager, General Ledger and Reporting (Hybrid)
- Lead and manage the general ledger and reporting activities to ensure accurate and timely financial reporting.
- Oversee the month-end and year-end closing processes, including journal entries, reconciliations, and consolidated financial statement preparation.
- Prepare monthly journal entries and reconciliations.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to identify process improvement opportunities and drive automation initiatives within the accounting department.
- Ensure compliance with accounting principles and regulations while staying up to date with changes in accounting standards.
- Review and analyze financial data to provide insights and recommendations for improving financial performance.
- Develop and maintain financial policies, procedures, and internal controls.
- Interpret Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) guidance, including but not limited to ASC 606 Revenue Recognition, and apply it to business operations, ensuring appropriate internal controls and documentation.
- Optimize and lead all system configurations and business processes relating to general ledger and reporting activities.
- Validate accuracy of all royalty related accruals and calculations by reviewing journal entries, reconciling reports, and performing completeness checks on data interfacing between the ERP and royalty system.
- Coordinate with cross departments to validate data for accuracy across multiple platforms.
- Perform monthly variance analysis for revenue ensuring accuracy, completeness, and timeliness.
- Assist in the annual audit of the Company’s financial statements.
- Provides support for the Company’s tax filings such as federal, state, 1099 reporting and other tax compliance matters.
- Ensure payroll and tax expenses are recorded accurately and timely.
- Assist in the implementation and optimization of ERP systems, with a focus on Microsoft D365.
- Train and mentor accounting staff to enhance their skills and knowledge.
- Perform ad-hoc financial analysis and projects as needed.
- 3+ years of extensive experience and expertise with the general ledger, financial reporting, month-end and year-end closing, and reconciliations.
- 2+ years of experience in a supervisory or managerial accounting role.
- Experience with handling various tax filings, such as federal and state income tax, sales and local taxes, 1099 or 1042/1042s reporting and handling other tax compliance issues.
- Proven track record of successfully automating and improving accounting processes.
- Prior experience in ERP implementation is a strong plus, especially with Microsoft D365.
- Bachelor’s and/or Master’s Degree in Accounting or Business Administration with an Accounting emphasis preferred or equivalent work experience
- CPA, or equivalent certificate, is strongly preferred
- Strong knowledge of GAAP
- Expert proficiency in Microsoft Excel and other financial software
- Innovative, flexible, and forward-looking mindset with the ability to adapt to changing business needs
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Attention-to-detail and a commitment to accuracy
- Ability to work well under pressure and meet deadlines
- Able to work independently with minimal supervision while adhering to company policies, legal requirements, and customer specifications
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal skills
PBS DistributionArlington, VA
Finance and Insurance
Get fresh Accounting Manager, General Ledger and Reporting (Hybrid) jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.