Construction Business Development Director
Are you driven to increase the revenue and profitability of your organization? Do you want to provide clients with the opportunity to visualize and build their project? Do you approach problem solving in creative ways? Are you prepared to motivate and train people to give their best effort and help your team be a success? Are you passionate about challenge and problem solving? We are searching for an experienced business development professional who can deliver revenue, drive continued business and penetrate markets that have a large pipeline of business. Successful candidates should have the following demonstrated experience:
- 10+ years of experience within the Sales/Business Development side of Commercial Construction/Development is highly desired
- Ability to demonstrate previous success meeting sales goals of at least 2-4 million annually
- Eagerness to meet sales goals as set by the company for you as an individual and your team
- Proven ability to motivate and lead a sales organization of at least 3 people
- Proven ability to grow and cultivate revenue from existing accounts
- Proven ability to plant seeds and generate leads for new business opportunities
- Experience with CRM software (Zoho preferred), Excel, MS Office Suite
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- BA/BS in Construction Management, Business, Design, Architecture, preferred
- sales strategy to ensure an excellent customer experience and achieve a faster rate of growth for both booked revenue accounts and new customer acquisition.
- Meet a personal sales quota as set by the President or COO for both new accounts and current customer growth
- Ensure the full team is achieving metrics for leads, opportunities and booked revenue to align with the goals for new and re-occurring revenue for the firm.
- Develop Busines
- Strong communication skills, including documentation, online phone and video meeting skills, and in-person presentation skills
- Strong team management skills, including coaching, mentoring, goal-setting, setting sales targets, performance tracking, evaluation and remediation
- Executes Development Department sales quotas for the department that align with the growth goals and ensure that team members are motivated to pursue the right business and are highly engaged in their work.
- Research, gather, establish and maintain a database of information on market sectors, market trends, potential clients, upcoming project opportunities, key competition, and inform executive team.
- Develop, measure and report on key performance indicators
- Proven ability to hit or exceed new customer acquisition and revenue targets and accurately forecast monthly, quarterly, annual sales numbers
- Make decisions regarding hiring, promoting, counseling and termination of division employees.
- Facilitate development of employees by providing training, constructive feedback and continuous coaching/mentoring. Identify further training and education to enhance employee growth and continued job performance improvement.
- Serve as a company representative with customers and subcontractors.
- Ensure that all client information and business development/SLA information is properly tracked and input into firm systems to ensure proper tracking and commission payments.
- Identify and cultivate strategic relationships with a roster of property managers, commercial management team members, project managers, and potentially other involved parties to support the firm
- Represent the firm within the industry, including facilitation of professional presentations to local and national trade groups, and acting as an advisor to industry boards.
Why Work Here?PBI provides commercial construction services with a restoration division for clients in the assisted living, medical, hospitality, government, education, office and multifamily markets. Our core business is interior renovations, additions, new construction, construction defects, design/build, construction management and capital improvements from one to five million dollars in the Mid-Atlantic region. After 30 years, PBI has a reputation for being problem solvers and tackling the most difficult of projects. The right individual for this position will be accustomed to a culture based on delivering service and quality in an ethical and timely manner.
Great organization ready to go to the next level of success. Great benefits with room for growth and abundant in opportunities..